• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say,  I really didn't enjoy the first half that much.  The second half of the album has won me over enough that I'll be listening to it over and over again.  I'm a little disappointed that some of Tweedy's vocals feel a little buried on this record.  And there's nothing wrong with electric guitar, but there's A LOT of it on this record.  This one is definitely going to have to grow on me (but I have a feeling it might).  Also, just got to Magnetized.  Hell yes.  I love it.  Favorite track for sure.  It's very pretty.  I love the chromatic walk down in the vocals, it adds just the right amount of tension.

I want a vinyl with an added wax of besides! kinda how Radiohead has done these releases

I gotta say, I really didn't enjoy the first half that much. The second half of the album has won me over enough that I'll be listening to it over and over again. I'm a little disappointed that some of Tweedy's vocals feel a little buried on this record. And there's nothing wrong with electric guitar, but there's A LOT of it on this record. This one is definitely going to have to grow on me (but I have a feeling it might). Also, just got to Magnetized. Hell yes. I love it. Favorite track for sure. It's very pretty. I love the chromatic walk down in the vocals, it adds just the right amount of tension.

Every party has a pooper

So the cover...Maybe tomorrow I'll get it, but why a prissy cat? What the hell is the cat sitting on? What does a cat have to do with Star Wars? Or Wilco for that matter! Why three pink roses? Why are only two in bloom? With every thing Wilco, there must be a well thought out reason. It's not my favorite cover and I'm pretty sure I would not wear it if it was a T-shit. I'm so fucken confused by this cover art!

Just gave it another listen, this time with headphones. Woooofta. Some crazy sonic blippeez and gurgles and channel slides and a lot more going on than through computron speakers. It’s good either way, but a lot more fun with headphones on.

So my perception of the art and the name of the album is that they released the album on social media. What are the biggest things on Facebook? Cat videos and Star Wars trailers. The force awakens is the number one viewed trailer of all time.

That's just a hunch though. I could be way off

So my perception of the art and the name of the album is that they released the album on social media. What are the biggest things on Facebook? Cat videos and Star Wars trailers. The force awakens is the number one viewed trailer of all time.

That's just a hunch though. I could be way off

Kinda what I was thinking, a bit of humor.

How long does it take to receive the e-mail with the download link? It's been well over 30 minutes since I submitted my e-mail address.

I have submitted my yahoo address several times (since it we announced) and still haven't received a link.

Then did my wife's gmail address and it came up in 5

Minutes

I submitted my Yahoo address twice and got nothing. My girlfriend's GMail account got it right away. Maybe there's an issue with Yahoo accounts?

I submitted my Yahoo address twice and got nothing. My girlfriend's GMail account got it right away. Maybe there's an issue with Yahoo accounts?

Must be. I also submitted my Yahoo address.

Same results with me in Yahoo vs. Gmail (Yahoo still nothing after a couple hours, Gmail in 5 minutes).

The vocals are pretty buried - sometimes hard to decipher even on headphones. Looking forward to digging deeper. Blown away. What a stunner of an album. 

4th listen now. Argh - I'm just... :guitar :dj :rock :wine :yes

My picks: "Random Name Generator", "You Satelite" (love the Sonic Youth vibe to the opening), " Cold Slope", "Magnetized".

In the scope of post-2004 albums:

Star Wars > Sky Blue Sky > Whole Love > WTA.

On my first listen, but I like it more than I liked Sky Blue Sky, Wilco The Album, or The Whole Love on first listen. At the moment I'm on Taste The Ceiling, so good. 

It's weird they didn't try to time the release of this up with Solid Sound.

Ummm... Wow... yeah... soooo...

Lot's of Beatles/Lennon vibes going on for me.  Also reminds me a  LOT of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (also get some Summerteeth vibes thrown in there too)- mabye the "best" record since YHF?  Don't get me wrong - I love all the newer albums and I especially love AGIB (about as equally as I love YHF), but YHF is just different in a way where it kind of can't even be compared to those records and this record feels like that.  It's just different in the best/weirdest/most awesome ways possible.  From the moment I saw the post from the Wilco Facebook to download I sat there with a dumbfounded face thinking - "really?"  I felt just as shocked when I got to the end and was like "holy shit - every song just gets better and better as the record goes."  There is so much amazing stuff going on here.  Can't wait to listen to this record about a thousand more times  Thank you Wilco.

and what a smart way to release it!  You know everyone is going to download the leak of the album to check it out anyway - so just leak it yourself for free to download and cause a stir on the interwebs.  When was the last time Wilco was "trending" on Facebook?  When is the last time you heard an entire record for the first time altogether without the reference point of a single or two that give you some context?  This record is all around a wonderful experience and I can't wait to purchase it on vinyl.