• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me "Magnetized" is one of the lovliest songs that Jeff Tweedy's ever written. I was profoundly moved by "Nobody Dies Anymore" off Sukirae, but this; this is really special.

...and that's the first listen. Really impressed - tight arrangements; songs that breathe; a short album (smart move). Contrary to concerns I've had in recent years, there's a lot of vitality in the studio and they've taken risks and sound hungry. Again - really, really impressed.

Let's go again.

One of the bandmembers talked about them having about 100 songs back. It could have been very easy to throw a few more songs into this; it may have been a very brave decision to stick with the 11 and say, 'that's our album.' As much attention as Tweedy is known to give tracking and looking at the album as a whole, I just think that is a brilliant, cohesive album in the classic sense of vinyl.

this afternoon at work i checked out the homepage, looking for something, anything......

after work I checked VC....JEEBUS

i cannot wait to see these songs reach full bloom in concert.

best

thursday

EVER

I've only listened once, but this strikes me as their best since Ghost Is Born. Then again, this is exactly the kind of Wilco I like. More stripped down, rockin' without being too dad-rocky, melodic but unconventional. Really, really strong stuff, and a nice surprise!

My feelings exactly. I've grown to love them all, but Ghost was the last time I've loved a Wilco record first play through start to finish,

I truly enjoyed much of the music on the past couple albums.  My only complaint was that both felt like a wee collection of songs with no over-arching theme.  Maybe I'm too old, but I still like an album to have a theme that seems to run through it - the tension of AGIB, the pop flares of Summerteeth, the mellow and friendly vibe of SBS.  

This album seems to be a return to that form.  While I can't put my finger on it, after one listed there seems to be a vibe that sticks throughout.  I love that.

I truly enjoyed much of the music on the past couple albums. My only complaint was that both felt like a wee collection of songs with no over-arching theme. Maybe I'm too old, but I still like an album to have a theme that seems to run through it - the tension of AGIB, the pop flares of Summerteeth, the mellow and friendly vibe of SBS.

This album seems to be a return to that form. While I can't put my finger on it, after one listed there seems to be a vibe that sticks throughout. I love that.

I completely agree, concept records , or albums when one general theme/sound are typically my favorite. This seems like their most thematic record since Sky Blue Sky for sure

I think the thing that sticks out the most for me (aside from my previous observations) is there's a really strong sense of purpose, direction and confidence to this record, which - as others have pointed out - I haven't heard since Ghost or Fur's Born Again In The USA.

This is the sound of a group who haven't just turned 5 degrees; this is a full 90 degree turn.

HOLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been warming up my tube amp for a serious whiskey/jason isbell's new record session. 

He can wait, this Wilco sounds fantastic!

This album has it, whatever it is.  I know that I've heard it before, and that's what I'm hearing now!

Excellent album from start to finish, both sonically and lyrically. It's weird that I hear bits of previous Wilco songs here and there but yet it's something totally different in a lot of ways.

I think it's funny that there's a cat on the cover, because one of mine was totally freaked out by most of it!