• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is such a great album! When the hell did they find the time to do this? And how could they possibly have kept it such a secret from everyone? Not even any little teaser hints about what was to come. Jesus, I love these guys.

That pretty much sums it up for me. The only teaser we got was in a June interview that they were looking to get an album out later this year. I guess July is later this year.

What a wonderful surprise.

Christmas in July!

I feel a little bit of I Might in Random Name Generator, but it's way better than I Might.  They took some real chances here, and hit a home run. I'm floored. And excited. It's better than I could have hoped for, and the surprise free drop makes it even better. This thing kicks ass. It's weird as shit, which pleases me no end.  :stunned

I feel a little bit of I Might in Random Name Generator, but it's way better than I Might.  They took some real chances here, and hit a home run. I'm floored. And excited. It's better than I could have hoped for, and the surprise free drop makes it even better. This thing kicks ass. It's weird as shit, which pleases me no end.  :stunned

What he said.

I'm in awe. Today has been seriously fucked up for my city, and I've been sort of zombified reading the news all day, and this is just amazing.

You in Chatt? I grew up there & it's been a hectic day, to say the least.

I'm not hearing much evidence of keyboards on this; layered guitars, a bit of synth but like listening to AGIB through a TWL filter.

Indeed. Most of this sounds like quartet arrangements, rather than a sprawling sextet - they've reigned in the messiness that characterised the last couple of records. It's tight, there's space - it's fantastic.

Really looking forward to hearing this on vinyl.