The Pearl Jam Thread

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddie Vedder Solo Australian Tour Dates for those in Aus and the independently wealthy:

10 March QPAC Concert Hal Brisbane, QLD

12 March QPAC Concert Hal Brisbane, QLD

15 March Royal Theatre Canberra, ACT

16 March Civic Theatre Newcastle, NSW

18 March State Theatre Sydney, NSW

19 March State Theatre Sydney, NSW

24 March Palais Theatre Melbourne, VIC

25 March Palais Theatre Melbourne, VIC

27 March Thebarton Theatre Adelaide, SA

Eddie Vedder Solo Australian Tour Dates for those in Aus and the independently wealthy:

10 March QPAC Concert Hal Brisbane, QLD

12 March QPAC Concert Hal Brisbane, QLD

15 March Royal Theatre Canberra, ACT

16 March Civic Theatre Newcastle, NSW

18 March State Theatre Sydney, NSW

19 March State Theatre Sydney, NSW

24 March Palais Theatre Melbourne, VIC

25 March Palais Theatre Melbourne, VIC

27 March Thebarton Theatre Adelaide, SA

oh no, dont scare me. i think bob dylan will also be here in early april..... $$$$$$$$$

Highjacking an older part of this thread...I'll second that, No Code and Yield in particular are my two favorites. Any and all of their first 5 albums are great. Binaural, Riot Act and Avocado have their moments for sure, but they have this overall downward feeling and I rarely feel compelled to play 'em start to finish. Backspacer "brought back" Pearl Jam for me Not they they ever went away, but it started to feel like Yield was gonna be their last great studio album. Backspacer was instantly likeable with a mix of upbeat sounding, kick ass songs and songs with the broader appeal of Ed's solo stuff.

I meant Present Tense from No Code. And I'm probably in the minority of fans that thinks Vitalogy, No Code, and Yield are the best records Pearl Jam have recorded.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pre-Order Vs and Vitology available in 6 formats:

VS LP

180 gram Gatefold LP. Remastered version of original album.

Vitalogy LP

180 gram Gatefold Double LP. Remastered version of original album.

VS Legacy Edition CD

Remastered version of original album plus bonus tracks Hold On, Cready Stomp, Crazy Mary.

Vitalogy Legacy Edition CD

Remastered version of original album plus bonus tracks Nothingman (demo), Corduroy (alt take), Betterman (guitar/organ only).

Vs/Vitalogy DeLuxe CD Edition

* VS Legacy Edition CD. Remastered version of original album plus bonus tracks Hold On, Cready Stomp, Crazy Mary.

* Vitalogy Legacy Edition CD. Remastered version of original album plus bonus tracks Nothingman (demo), Corduroy (alt take), Betterman (guitar/organ only).

Vs/Vitalogy Super DeLuxe Box Set

* VS CD

* VS Gatefold Vinyl LP

* Vitalogy CD

* Vitalogy Gatefold Double Vinyl LP

* Live at The Orpheum Theater, Boston April 12, 1994 - Gatefold Double Vinyl LP

Some info from Five Horizons on that 94 Boston Orpheum show:

04/12/94 - Orpheum Theater: Boston, MA [130]

support act: Mudhoney

set: Oceans, Even Flow, Sonic Reducer, State of Love and Trust, Hard to Imagine, Immortality/(Hey Hey, My My), Go, Animal, Glorified G, Daughter/(Suck You Dry), Alone, Not for You, Better Man, Rats, Blood

enc: Release, Tremor Christ, Once, Fuckin' Up, Dirty Frank, Yellow Ledbetter, instrumental jam, Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman, I've Got a Feeling/jam

notes: The crew created this setlist, full of new songs and b-sides. Mark Arm joins PJ for 'Sonic Reducer.' Standout version of 'Immortality.' Ed's comments: "This is the second to the last night of this fucking tour. Play New York and we are going home. We would like to thank our crew, speaking of 'Rats.' You should also thank the one who made the setlist tonight, cause somebody else made it. This is a fucking awesome place you live in. Lots of history. It is definitely one of the places I want to live." Mike pretends to hide during the appropriate 'Dirty Frank' lyrics. Having a rather cheerful night, Ed quips, "I really shouldn't let you all see me this happy ... people might expect it all the time." During the extended (20+ min.?) 'I've Got a Feeling' jam, Ed lifts a young female attendee from the crowd and puts her on his shoulders, dances a bit and returns her to her seat, giving her some roses.

It's odd that Pearl Jam played the Boston Garden for two nights in a row prior to this show. This must be the last time that they've played different venues in the same city on the same leg of the tour (Boston at least).

• 1 month later...

I don't think I will be buying any more Pearl Jam albums unless they go back to a more rocking sound.

New Pearl Jam Album, Other Band Projects In The Works

"There's so much going on between this Tres Mts. project and Pearl Jam stuff for the rest of the year that I'm going to be plenty busy," bassist Jeff Ament says. That, Pearl Jam fans, is a huge understatement.

Ament's first trip to SXSW later this week with his new side band, Tres Mts., is just the tip of the iceberg of a hectic 2011 for Pearl Jam and its members -- one which Ament tells Billboard.com will hopefully include a brand new Pearl Jam album and a solo tour by frontman Eddie Vedder, in addition to the already announced the Cameron Crowe-directed Pearl Jam documentary, official book and weekend festival, all celebrating the band's 20th anniversary. Throw in a new Eddie Vedder solo album, a Soundgarden record in the works (which includes drummer Matt Cameron, who plays in both bands), and Ament putting the finishing touches on his own second solo album, and you've got a very full docket for the veteran Seattle quintet.

All of the new action starts in April, Ament explains, when Pearl Jam convenes not only to begin recording the follow up to 2009's "Backspacer," which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, but also to announce the location and other details for the Pearl Jam Twenty festival, which Ament says will likely take place on or around Labor Day weekend.

"We did a whole bunch of demos and everybody's got a disc of 25 [songs] right now," Ament says of Pearl Jam's plans to hit the studio next month. "April will be the time where we get together and learn to play all these demos and figure out which 12-15 of them float to the top. Hopefully we can get something done this year."

"There's been so much focus on the past that I think all of us are really excited to make a new record and have something to look forward to because we've been digging in the boxes in our basement a lot the last year or so," Ament says.

That digging, of course, has been in the service of creating the Pearl Jam Twenty documentary, which tells the story of the band's career, and an accompanying book, both due in late summer/early fall around the exact 20th anniversary of the band's blockbuster debut album, August 1991's "Ten."

The group also unearthed a raft of archival goodies for the special edition box set of reissues due on March 29 -- which includes expanded versions of 1993's Vs. and 1994's Vitalogy.

As far as the Pearl Jam festival goes, Ament says that the band is looking to finalize the location and the other bands on the bill by the end of March and announce everything in April. "We've reached out to a few [other bands]. It's mostly people that we're friends with. I don't think that anybody's fully signed on yet. We're not 100% where we're going to have it yet, so it's a little bit tricky... If it's Labor Day, that's three or four months; that should be plenty of time for people to make reservations."

Frontman Eddie Vedder, who is currently on tour on his own in Australia, will probably be hitting the road solo again this year, according to Ament. Vedder, meanwhile, has also made a new solo album likely due in the coming months. He recently told Austin, Texas radio station AM 1300 that the songs were written on the ukulele, which has been a staple of his non-Pearl Jam work for a decade. It hasn't yet been confirmed whether any of the many ukulele songs Vedder debuted at solo shows in early 2002 -- but never released -- will be on the new album, but a version of one of them, "Longing To Belong," was posted by the website Antiquiet yesterday.

Ament, for his part, also has a his own new solo album "pretty much in the can." Recorded "a few months ago," Ament says he's "just waiting for a little bit of airspace to finish it up" and that it probably won't see release until 2012.

As previously reported, Soundgarden -- drummer Cameron's other band -- has also been in the studio making its first studio album in 15 years. No release date has yet been set.

Eddie Vedder Solo Album 'Ukulele Songs' In May

Rumored in fan circles for weeks, it's now official: Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder's new solo album, "Ukulele Songs," will arrive on May 31 in tandem with a live solo DVD titled "Water On The Road."

Featuring a number of songs that Vedder penned and first played live -- but never released -- nearly a decade ago, "Ukulele Songs" also includes a uke version of Pearl Jam's 2002 track "Can't Keep" and guest vocalists on two tracks: Glen Hansard on the Everly Brothers cover "Sleepless Nights" and Cat Power on "Tonight You Belong To Me." The album's lead single, "Longing To Belong," a Vedder original, is available digitally today (March 21).

The concert DVD, "Water On The Road," meanwhile, captures Vedder playing Pearl Jam tunes, ukulele songs, covers, and selections from his 2007 solo album/soundtrack "Into The Wild" at a pair of Washington D.C. solo shows from Aug. 16 and 17, 2008. It was directed by Christoph Green and Fugazi's Brendan Canty.

The announcement of Vedder's new album and DVD comes as Pearl Jam and its members continue a busy year: Vedder is currently on tour in Australia, while his bandmate, bassist Jeff Ament, told Billboard.com last week that Vedder plans to hit the road again this year.

Pearl Jam will convene in the studio next month to begin recording the follow-up to 2009's "Backspacer," which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200. "We did a whole bunch of demos and everybody's got a disc of 25 [songs] right now," Ament said. "April will be the time where we get together and learn to play all these demos and figure out which 12-15 of them float to the top. Hopefully we can get something done this year."

New Pearl Jam Album & Other Band Projects In The Works

And according to Ament, the details surrounding Pearl Jam's mini-festival celebrating its 20th anniversary -- which will be around Labor Day weekend -- should also be released next month. A Cameron Crowe-directed documentary, "Pearl Jam Twenty," and companion book will be released around the same time.

In the meantime, Ament and Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready are busy on the road with Tres Mts., a new side project featuring King's X frontman dUg Pinnick and former Fastbacks drummer Richard Stuverud. Pearl Jam's Matt Cameron, who does double duty, is currently in the studio with Soundgarden working on that band's first studio album in a 15 years.

Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament Talks New Project Tres Mts.

Here is the tracklisting for Eddie Vedder's "Ukulele Songs":

Can't Keep

Sleeping by Myself

Without You

More Than You Know

Goodbye

Broken Heart

Satellite

Longing to Belong

Hey Fahkah

You're True

Light Today

Sleepless Nights (featuring Glen Hansard)

Once in Awhile

Waving Palms

Tonight You Belong to Me (featuring Cat Power)

Dream a Little Dream

"Water on the Road" Concert DVD Tracklisting:

The Canyon

Sometimes

Trouble

Around the Bend

Girl From the North Country

Guaranteed

Setting Forth

Far Behind

No Ceiling

Rise

Golden State

Society

Forever Young

Ed Piano (Instrumental)

I'm Open

Man of the Hour

Driftin'

No More

You're True

Ukulele Interlude (Instrumental)

Unthought Known

Arc

Hard Sun

The Canyon (reprise)

• 1 month later...
No Code and Yield in particular are my two favorites

Same here.

The 2003 tour seem to be the tightest shows to me out of all the tour shows I've heard. I saw this tour in Philly, and, man, was that a great show, and the subsequent CD proved it wasn't just the experience that makes it stand out for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Tweet (gasp) Tweet

The little birdie fluttered and landed with great force on our picnic blanket.

"Where have you been and what's with the backpack?" we inquired.

"I've been so busy making plans, trying to get everything ready for a special weekend. And do you know how hard it is to fly with a pack on my back?" the birdie said.

"Ah…a special destination weekend perhaps?" we said.

The little birdie exclaimed, "Well, of course! Have you been living in a valley? Just make sure your memberships are up to date by midnight Sunday (Pacific Time) or you'll be sorry."

"Ok, little birdie, thank you for the heads-up. We appreciate it. Where are you going next, birdie?" we said.

"To the great white North!”

20th anniversary shows at alpine valley over labor day weekend and a Canadian tour in September.

In celebration of the band's twenty-year anniversary, Pearl Jam will host and headline a Labor Day weekend concert celebration at Alpine Valley Music Theatre in East Troy, WI, followed by a ten-date Canadian tour.

PRE-SALE INFO:

You must be a currently active member as of Sunday, May 15th at 11:59 pm Pacific to qualify for both pre-sales. Sorry, registering and purchasing a membership now will not make you eligible for these tickets.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

PJ20 WEEKEND PRE-SALE: Monday, May 23 10am - Tuesday, May 24 5pm Pacific (or until tickets are sold out)

Date City Venue Pre-sale Date / Time

3 - Sep East Troy Alpine Valley May 23 / 10:00am PDT

4 - Sep East Troy Alpine Valley May 23 / 10:00am PDT

PJ20 WEEKEND TICKETS: It's going to be a big weekend. Here an outline of how it will work for Ten Club members:

- Fan Club 2 day package tickets. Single day tickets will not be available through Ten Club.

- Priority Fan Club reserved shed seats and 10c exclusive fenced off lawn area (one night reserved and one night general admission)

- Exclusive access to Ten Club Park: Shaded grassy area with amenities

- Various Travel Package options for our fans traveling far and wide to celebrate with us

- Ten Club pre-sale for Expo Center passes

And much much more....

Please visit www.pj20.com for full details on PJ20 Fan Club tickets, special offers, current line up info, and all things PJ20!

PJ CANADA TOUR: Tuesday May 24 10am - 5pm Pacific. (or until tickets are sold out)

Date City Venue Pre-sale Date / Time

7 - Sep Montreal Bell Centre May 24 / 10:00am PDT

11-Sep Toronto Air Canada Centre May 24 / 10:00am PDT

12-Sep Toronto Air Canada Centre May 24 / 10:00am PDT

14-Sep Ottawa Scotiabank Place May 24 / 10:00am PDT

15-Sep Hamilton Copps Coliseum May 24 / 10:00am PDT

17-Sep Winnipeg MTS Centre May 24 / 10:00am PDT

19-Sep Saskatoon Credit Union Center May 24 / 10:00am PDT

21-Sep Calgary Scotiabank Saddledome May 24 / 10:00am PDT

23-Sep Edmonton Rexall Place May 24 / 10:00am PDT

25-Sep Vancouver Pacific Coliseum May 24 / 10:00am PDT

i have a feeling the pricing for that weekend festival @ Alpine is gonna price it outta my range... i'm hoping for less than $250/per person for the weekend, but i have a feeling it's gonna be $300+

those travel packages are just ABSURD.

the same hotel room we booked 4 months ago for $119 a night is now $1,999 for 3 nights per person (sure it "includes tickets" to the festival), but still...

i have a feeling the pricing for that weekend festival @ Alpine is gonna price it outta my range... i'm hoping for less than $250/per person for the weekend, but i have a feeling it's gonna be $300+

those travel packages are just ABSURD.

the same hotel room we booked 4 months ago for $119 a night is now $1,999 for 3 nights per person (sure it "includes tickets" to the festival), but still...

Those prices are for two people. Kinda high as the hotels are basically charging by the person instead of the room. But the packages make it easy if you dont want to worry about driving-one click and you are all set. And I think its cool they are offering shuttle buses from chicago and milwaukee.

I decided a long time ago to pass on this. Too much effort for a PJ show. I guess I am jaded. Im not traveling to freaking Wisconsin to sit on the lawn.

Reserved/GA Weekend Package- A Pair of Reserved Seats for one night and a Pair of GA tickets for the other night. $334/weekend

General Admission Weekend Package- A Pair of GA lawn seats for both nights. $252/weekend

not that bad for four tickets

Reserved/GA Weekend Package- A Pair of Reserved Seats for one night and a Pair of GA tickets for the other night. $334/weekend

General Admission Weekend Package- A Pair of GA lawn seats for both nights. $252/weekend

not that bad for four tickets

def not... the GA price is way more than i'd pay, but the Pavilion + 1 night GA isn't awful

barring we get pavilion/GA pair, i'm likely in :)

Kinda offtrack here, but here I go anyway:

I had this really odd dream last night.

It was a first person view of a concert...from behind backstage.

Eddie Vedder was fronting a band (I couldn't quite see or tell who the band was).

He was singing a killer version of Love Reign o'er me.

It was raging.

As the song played, I noted that the guitar players were kinda cute teenage type boys.

As the song ended, I heard teenage girls screaming.

The lead guitar player started kissing hysterical girls from the crowd.

Then I realized the band was the Jonas Brothers.

Odd dream.