I agree. Locke seems to be the only one who's really doing much better in the sideways flash. Maybe Hurley too, since his luck is a complete 180.

I forgot about Hurley! Can't wait for his centric episode.

I can't remember for certain, but I think you are correct about the two watches. Interesting thought about wanting him killed in the original timeline as well. Since Keamy's working for Paik in the sideflash, and was working for Widmore in the original, I wonder if Paik and Widmore are associates somehow? I'm curious to see if Paik ends up playing a role in this whole thing.

In "There's No Place Like Home" Widmore mentions to Sun that he knows her father well.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Paik_Heavy_Industries

What do we have left, only eight episodes? That makes me so sad... :(

Yup, 8 hours left. More than half over. How are they going to wrap all this up?

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Runaway Jim

I am guessing that the flash sideways are the world if MIB escaped. We are gonna find out that their lives really suck.

This is the conclusion that I have come to as well. Except I think we're going to find out that their lives really, really suck.

The following is my theory that came to me while sitting watching another tv show.

Please be advised it may be correct: :punch

I believe that the Flash Sideways are happening post Island timeline but being shown concurrently.

To make that a bit clear: I feel that when we see the series finale something will happen that will make both timelines converge and voila that will be it.

Fini.

But the trick and real kicker are that we're seeing right now what happens when this is accomplished.

This explains all of the looks-in-the-mirror.

It also explains why the Island is under water. Kind of.

It's almost like Season 7 of Lost in a way.

:cheers

Isn't the conventional wisdom that the flash sideways is the alternative timeline of what occurred after the H-bomb detonated in 1977 and picks up when Oceanic flight lands in LA in 2004? And isn't what we are seeing on the island w/ Flocke, Jack, Widmore, Des, etc. taking place in 2007? If this is so, how could the flash sideways be what happens after Flocke succeeds in escaping the island in 2007 when what we are seeing in the flash sideways occurred 3 years prior. Unless of course the series finale moves the flash sideways forward 3 years to a really big ending.

Guest Ordinary Beehive

Isn't the conventional wisdom that the flash sideways is the alternative timeline of what occurred after the H-bomb detonated in 1977 and picks up when Oceanic flight lands in LA in 2004? And isn't what we are seeing on the island w/ Flocke, Jack, Widmore, Des, etc. taking place in 2007? If this is so, how could the flash sideways be what happens after Flocke succeeds in escaping the island in 2007 when what we are seeing in the flash sideways occurred 3 years prior. Unless of course the series finale moves the flash sideways forward 3 years to a really big ending.

Because that would be ridiculous!

Yeah, but that's what they're telling us as viewers. They are not going to spoil the secret(s). Remember: Desmond, Juliet, & possibly Faraday and Charlotte are the only ones who consciously time travel. I think this is why Widmore has Desmond. (edit part deux: Plus, the only word we have on the above assumption is from Juliet speaking to Miles. "it worked". Very vague.)

While what you say makes sense, it could be that whatever happens in the Series Finale sets them back to 2004 on the Oceanic flight (which is basically what we are seeing now).

Somehow I think that my theory contains a loop within itself. Meaning that in the Series Finale Flash Sideways portion of the show something must happen where the main Losties need to get together and do something like get on a plane. (Original Timeline) So by doing this and achieving leaving the Island it is left up to us to ponder whether when the Losties leave the Island are we to assume that this is where the Flash Sideways pick up. And if they do the getting on an airplane in the Flash Sideways are we to assume that what we are seeing (flash sideways) is what happens after the fact. Or does it take us directly back to Season 1? I think maybe the show will leave this open ended. I don't think we'll get a definitive closing of the chapter. (Edit: It seems like there are strange meetups in the flash sideways. It would seem logical that something is bringing them together for a common goal).

I don't know. I feel and always felt that the show would be cyclical in nature (read: time loops). This is also how The Third Policeman ends & begins.

I actually thought that for awhile, but I think not. The Alt reality is a true alt reality, I am guessing an alt from the beginning of time. This is why:

Juliet detonates the bomb thus negating the pocket of energy and thus 815 never crashes. If 815 never crashes Locke cannot turn the donkey wheel to send the island skipping in time. Juliet, Sawyer, Miles, Jin never end back up in 1977 (nor does the Oceanic 6 because they never came to island in the first place). So Juliet never can detonate the bomb. Because of this I think the alt reality is way before 1977. This is why I think the alt reality is where Smokey gets out and Evil is running rampant. Maybe that is why the island has sunk in the alt reality.

I actually thought that for awhile, but I think not. The Alt reality is a true alt reality, I am guessing an alt from the beginning of time.

Or at least back to the "birth" of Jacob and MiB. I'm going under the assumption now that the Alt is a world where Jacob never "touched" the characters/candidates. And maybe even one where either Jacob or MiB never existed.

I have a feeling all the sh*t is going to hit the fan in the Alt. soon. With Sun shot, she's likely to run into Jack at the Hospital. Miles and Sawyer are likely to investigate it, plus they have Kate and Charlie in custody. Claire will go into labor at the same time. It'll be pandemonium!

Guest Ordinary Beehive

I have a feeling all the sh*t is going to hit the fan in the Alt. soon. With Sun short, she's likely to run into Jack at the Hospital. Miles and Sawyer are likely to investigate it, plus they have Kate and Charlie in custody. Claire will go into labor at the same time. It'll be pandemonium!

I hadn't really thought about that. Good call. I think you're right. Hurley and John will have to make their way into that equation too.

A few things regarding Lost:

1) It looks like they will be taking the perennial break this year during the last week of April. So that means no show on the 27th of April.

Lost will return on the 4th of May.

2) Jimmy Kimmel Live Update:

On May 23, fans of “LOST” say goodbye to ABC’s groundbreaking series. Following the finale, the stars and producers join Jimmy Kimmel for “JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE: ALOHA TO LOST” SUNDAY, MAY 23, at 11:35 p.m. - 12:35 a.m., ET on ABC.

After the final episode, longtime “LOST” fan Jimmy Kimmel hosts an hour-long analysis of and farewell to one of television’s most beloved series with appearances from executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, alternate endings, and live interviews with cast members.

“JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE: ALOHA TO LOST” is the culmination of a six year-long relationship between “LOST” and “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” Each Tuesday night, Kimmel discusses the show and features “Secrets of ‘LOST’” (comedic “insight” into the mysteries of the island from Evangeline Lilly, Michael Emerson, Jorge Garcia, Daniel Dae Kim, Elizabeth Mitchell, and more). Cast members including Matthew Fox, Evangeline Lilly, Josh Holloway, Jorge Garcia, Michael Emerson, Daniel Dae Kim, Yunjin Kim, Terry O’Quinn and former cast members Dominic Monaghan and Elizabeth Mitchell appear regularly on Kimmel’s couch and producers Lindelof, Cuse, and JJ Abrams make regular guest appearances as well.

For any fan of “LOST,” this event is not to be missed. After the secrets of the island are revealed, go back in time one last time with Jimmy Kimmel. The “LOST” finale event airs Sunday, May 23 from 9:00-11:00 p.m., ET on ABC and “JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE: ALOHA TO LOST” will air immediately after the local news at 11:35 p.m.-12:35 a.m., ET.

So yeah, I watched Clash Of The Titans (2010) on Thursday night and a lot of it reminded me of Lost.

I'll get back to this later today. Too nice out for comparative analysis.

Desmond episodes are always the best.

I just had my own LOST moment. During the commercial, I flipped to the History Channel. I saw the dude who gave me my very first live Wilco show on a show about the shape of the U.S. states. And now I am posting in a LOST thread on a Wilco message board. Far out.

Does watching LOST tonight instead of listening to the Wilco webcast make me less of a Wilco fan? Because if I had missed this episode, I would have been pissed. I hope next weeks episode has some more Desmond to it, because that is the storyline that I want to see more of. Desmond has the answers (if he is not in fact the answer).

Desmond?! Yes!

Charlie!? Yes!

Faraday?! Yes!

According to CTV next episode appears to be a Hurley episode featuring... Michael! I hope he yells "WALLLTTTT!!!".

To quote Eric Cartman... "The fuck, dude!"

That was AWESOME!!! I :wub Desmond. But I have a very bad feeling about him going off with Sayid. Also, it appears that any scene where Des & Penny are reunited (or introduced, apparently), whether by phone or in person, brings tears to my eyes. Desmond-centric episodes have consistently been my favorites.

after watching last nights episode I think we can safely break the Island Universe and Alt Universe down in a simple way. The Island Universe each of the Character's have experienced true love.

Desmond - Penny

Sawyer - Juliet

Jack - Kate

Daniel - Charlotte

Hurley - Libby

Charlie - Claire

Jin - Sun

Ben - Alex (who said love has to be a sexual love)?

The only one who has not found true love is Locke who is now MIB. Though is his true love the Island?

And in the Alt-Universe none of the characters seem to have any true love.

One could argue about Jin and Sun, though are we sure it is not just a roll in the hay for one or both? Sure Sun said she was pregnant, but is it Jin's, or could it possibly be that bald headed dude?

So it all comes down to love eh? True Love? Or to blave, if you are Miracle Max.

Great, great episode. Love to see the two "timelines" finally start to meld. I love it that Desmond is that one to do this!

after watching last nights episode I think we can safely break the Island Universe and Alt Universe down in a simple way. The Island Universe each of the Character's have experienced true love.

Desmond - Penny

Sawyer - Juliet

Jack - Kate

Daniel - Charlotte

Hurley - Libby

Charlie - Claire

Jin - Sun

The only one who has not found true love is Locke who is now MIB. Though is his true love the Island?

One could argue about Jin and Sun, though are we sure it is not just a roll in the hay for one or both? Sure Sun said she was pregnant, but is it Jin's, or could it possibly be that bald headed dude?

So it all comes down to love eh? True Love? Or to blave, if you are Magic Max.

Interesting insight. Especially with Jack and Kate. They seemed really happy together for at least part of the 3 years off-island.

What about Sayid? He was with his love in the original timeline, but only for a very short time. Better to have loved and lost? As for Locke, I would argue that he has only found love in the Alt., in that Helen is still around. Maybe something will happen to her to make him lose her soon, or he becomes the antagonist in the Alt., like his is on the island.

Desmond - Penny

Sawyer - Juliet

Jack - Kate

Daniel - Charlotte

Hurley - Libby

Charlie - Claire

Jin - Sun

So it all comes down to love eh? True Love? Or to blave, if you are Miracle Max.

I’m not quite sure I would describe the attraction shared between Kate & Jack, and, say, Hurley & Libby as examples of what most of us would define as true love. Maybe I need to go back and watch the earlier episodes, but if I recall correctly, Hurley was just beginning to get to know Libby before she was killed off. And though Jack and Kate share a connection, I think true love is maybe too strong a statement to employ when describing their relationship.

Of all the relationships, the love shared between off-island Locke and that woman who used to be on Married with Children seems just as deep and mature as the affection shown between any of the other characters currently involved in a relationship, with, perhaps, the exception of on-island Desmond and Penny.

i hate replying to my own thread, but one thing I wrote struck me.

What about Sayid? He was with his love in the original timeline, but only for a very short time. Better to have loved and lost?

So, to take KevinG's list an elaborate on it:

Sawyer - Juliet (Dead)

Daniel - Charlotte (Dead)

Hurley - Libby (Dead)

Claire - Charlie (Dead)

Ben - Alex (Dead)

Sayid - Nadia (dead)

Locke (dead) - Helen (dead)

Jack - Kate (apart)

Jin - Sun (apart)

Desmond - Penny (apart)

So, the first 5 are pretty damned similar. Their true love is dead on the island, and they are not together in the Alt. They had their love for a while, then lost them, but at least ehty were together for a while.

Locke is completely different. This make me think he might try to muck things up in the Alt, because life seems a little better for him there.

The last 3 are interesting become their love isn't dead, but they are apart from them. Does this have something to do with Desmond's "sacrifice"? will Kate/jack or Sun/Jin die soon?

Oh and BTW, who is Penny's Mom?! Is it important?

I've been trying to wrap my head around just how much Widmore and Eloise know in the alt? Here's the best I can figure. They were both on the island for a very long time at least from the 50's through the incident ('77). So with that knowledge we know that they had run ins with Locke, Jack, Kate Sayid and yes even Eloise killing Daniel. The next part may be a stretch, but if she took Daniel's journal as we saw her do, she would also have knowledge of 2004, 815, the freighter, etc. Assuming 1977 is where the divergent timeline split off after the incident, she would still know all kinds of vital information about the island and the other timeline (the real one). This lends a lot into both her and Charles weird conversations with Desmond.

I've been trying to wrap my head around just how much Widmore and Eloise know in the alt? Here's the best I can figure. They were both on the island for a very long time at least from the 50's through the incident ('77). So with that knowledge we know that they had run ins with Locke, Jack, Kate Sayid and yes even Eloise killing Daniel. The next part may be a stretch, but if she took Daniel's journal as we saw her do, she would also have knowledge of 2004, 815, the freighter, etc. Assuming 1977 is where the divergent timeline split off after the incident, she would still know all kinds of vital information about the island and the other timeline (the real one). This lends a lot into both her and Charles weird conversations with Desmond.

I am not sure how much the Widmore's knew about the Island universe in the alt time line. I am going on the theory that anything that happened in the island verse did not happen in the Alt-verse. Eloise is a different case though she seems special, I think I heard the producers call her a time cop or sometime. Which makes me think of this:

timecop.jpg