• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And GAGA just killed!

GAGA just crushed!

Yes she did. I think Julie Andrews was genuinely touched, too. Her voice is now completely shot so it must have been a somewhat bittersweet feeling to hear her songs done so beautifully by Gaga.

Still thinking about "The Drop". One of the best films I've seen in some time. Hardy's acting is top notch. I cant figure out if him trying to speak Brooklyn-ese over his British accent resulted his manner of speech or if it was intentional but man, it is effective.

Wow, thanks for the tip. I loves me some Louvin Brothers. Max, did you read Charlies book?

I seem to have similar tastes. Watched all of those except The Jinx. I'll have to look into that one.

edit: Ah, thought it sounded familiar: the Robert Durst documentary on HBO, I do want to see that one.

I'm really enjoying The Jinx.  What a weird story. 

Better Call Saul has been consistently good/very good so far, but tonight's episode was off the hook great. I'm a sucker for backstories, and we got a deep dive into Mike's tonight. I think Jonathan Banks just earned himself an Emmy.

If you're a breaking bad fan and not watching this, you're really missing out.

Is anyone watching Last Man on Earth?  I love when something is unclassifiable.  

I'm a fan of stuff like The Quiet Earth, The Omega Man: all that last person/people on earth post-catastrophe type stuff. So naturally I've been watching it. I was a bit concerned with Will Forte as the lead--never really cottoned to much of the stuff he did on SNL, barring a few exceptions--but he's okay in this. I hope they can keep this quirky and interesting, and not lapse into too many tried and true cliches of the genre.

"Survivors" the BBC show from 2008. First two episodes have been pretty good, well done.

Is anyone watching Last Man on Earth?  I love when something is unclassifiable.  

I'm REALLY enjoying this show. 

Also just watched the season 1 finale of the HBO show Togetherness, written by and starring Mark Duplass. Enjoyed season 1 very much and would recommend it.

Better Call Saul has been consistently good/very good so far, but tonight's episode was off the hook great. I'm a sucker for backstories, and we got a deep dive into Mike's tonight. I think Jonathan Banks just earned himself an Emmy.

If you're a breaking bad fan and not watching this, you're really missing out.

I need to wait a year, I think, to watch it on Netflix.

Also just watched the season 1 finale of the HBO show Togetherness, written by and starring Mark Duplass. Enjoyed season 1 very much and would recommend it.

I quite enjoyed season I. I liked the shows refreshing depiction of marriage and relationships of people in the post 30 set.

Just binge watched House of Cards season 3, best season yet.  Now the wait for season 4 begins.  That is a great show.

Just finished season three, as well. Heck of a roller coaster this time. Certainly one of the best shows going right now.

• 2 weeks later...