I was lamenting my own similar fears that the festival would be bigger and not as charming this year, when my friend (who is studying to be a licensed mental health counselor) told me to "stop trying to control the Solid Sound Festival.  Just go and enjoy it."  Shut me right up!

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just FYI, that's what I did in 2011, only in our case it was 4 people in the room, none of whom knew each other before that weekend. AND it was 2 women and 2 men. It worked out beautifully, and we all even stay in touch. Don't hesitate--Wilco fans are great people, for the most part.

Thanks, yeah!  We are super friendly - we're wilco/kickball friends, one woman one man :).  We've made some good friends at the festival over the years, too, and I'm hoping to do the same again this year.  If you're looking for lodging for fri night/sat night hit me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dorise.gruber.  Ideally 2 people, but we'd consider one too.

Totally down for the meetup, too!

I was lamenting my own similar fears that the festival would be bigger and not as charming this year, when my friend (who is studying to be a licensed mental health counselor) told me to "stop trying to control the Solid Sound Festival.  Just go and enjoy it."  Shut me right up!

Thank you, I needed that.

Since I'll be driving up, I figured I'd get a start on the VC table decorations, etc. So I paid a visit to Party City today and got 100 nametags, some sparkly garland to wrap around the edges of our sign (still to be made) and 3 big bags of multi-color metallic confetti, suitable for tossing in the air at the mention of Abba. We can split up the confetti into a bunch of little bags, which will be an inducement for you shy, reticent people to emerge from your shells and come check in before the show to pick up your supplies. I'll bring some sharpies, too.

Who knows? Maybe our sparkly little table will attract a Wilco or two. They have been known to walk amongst us at the festival.

the VC booth / Patio-area is a great idea. Overlooking a courtyard ? very cool. 

I'm planning on arriving Thursday afternoon, so please send me a PM if additional vehicles are needed to truck in ABBA sequins/ confetti .

I hope to have access to a labeler/ printer to print a bunch of Proper 1" "WELFARE" stickers to be  adorned to uniform of consideration in obvious anticipation of the ABBA ...

WELFARE !       Damn,  Lotti  needs a  T-shirt.   maybe a plain white T   ... :  WELFARE  !!!   , eh?

the VC booth / Patio-area is a great idea. Overlooking a courtyard ? very cool. 

I'm planning on arriving Thursday afternoon, so please send me a PM if additional vehicles are needed to truck in ABBA sequins/ confetti .

I hope to have access to a labeler/ printer to print a bunch of Proper 1" "WELFARE" stickers to be  adorned to uniform of consideration in obvious anticipation of the ABBA ...

WELFARE !       Damn,  Lotti  needs a  T-shirt.   maybe a plain white T   ... :  WELFARE  !!!   , eh?

I like this Lotti t-shirt idea. It would need maybe a sketch of Lotti in some classic pursuit.

was thinking that VC might benefit from Lotti's  association with ABBA .  But alas, Lotti, as the rest of us: must buy a via Chicago tee shirt.

Yes, but I understand that this t-shirt is Lotti's favorite base garment for ice-fishing competitions. 

I make distant joy jump for you at Mass Mocking event (with all belly exposure in true style of the Abba)! It is in your power! Believe!

bennyjump.jpgannajump.jpg

I make suggest for your group to have special emergency schnapps corner for the full revive of the flagging.

Welfare!

Hi guys~

Staying in a hotel at the Williams Inn, just 5 miles from the venue (booked the room a year in advance)!  My friend and I are crashing there already but have an extra bed (for 1-2 people) for friday and saturday night and are looking to defray costs.  If you're looking for lodging, we're friendly folks :).  If we fill the room with 4 people, it would be $125/person (total for both nights).  Let me know if you're interested!

Hi Dorisey!

I would be interested. I currently have a room booked 15 miles from the festival and would love to stay closer.

i am looking at a different calendar...for some reason i am off a week!

but, i did get confirmed :)

I have a countdown app on my phone. I can set up different events to count down to and pin to my start screen. Looking at it right now, 16 days to Solid Sound it says!

What's with all the ABBA crap?

Yeah, really. I was wondering the same.

The 4th Golden Ticket has been found, by another female (Veruca or Violet), and now...that leaves...just Charlie to go (if it works like the film it'll be a guy, but the 5th will be "Charlie" in Spirit)...I'm taking my last bar to Buffalo tomorrow to be opened by Ms. Annie Feldman...I'll warn you all that she gave me a winning lottery ticket last year ($50) as part of a groovy little birthday package, so I gotta say the Karma & Mojo is such that I wouldn't bet against her.. she is "kinda young, kinda now- Charlie"...and "...kinda free, kinda wow- Charlie!..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Sn8H42FZcI
...can't recall the order they were found in in the film- except that Charlie found his last & that there was a fake right before that...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=592725927428356&set=a.141687135865573.20124.104283046272649&type=1&theater