$8.99 each. I felt like one of those "ballers" that today's teens are so keen on.

baller 

May 28, 2006 Urban Word of the Day
A thug that has "made it" to the big time. Originally refered ball players that made it out of the streets to make millions as a pro ball player, but now is used to describe any thug that is living large.
Pain is a part of the game when you're a baller.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$8.99 each. 

i'm glad i sent my mother in law down the the KC vender to buy the bars for me and my four other family members! But I will be glad to not be there to see the shock on her face when the clerk tells a 70 year old woman 5 candy bars are 45 bucks!  :stunned

I love my mother in law and she will be rewarded for her efforts! :thumbup

Sadly, no. I already have tickets anyway - I was only in it for the chance to request a song. :)

Best of luck to everyone else!

what did the label look like (ie, was there anything specifically different about it)? 

i was in the Brookline Booksmith last night and looked for some...saw some sea salt bars but there was nothing on the label to distinguish it as being SSF-related, and i didn't want to drop $10 on a candy bar that had no chance of winning.

maybe i'll swing into Formaggio Kitchen later today.

what did the label look like (ie, was there anything specifically different about it)?

i was in the Brookline Booksmith last night and looked for some...saw some sea salt bars but there was nothing on the label to distinguish it as being SSF-related, and i didn't want to drop $10 on a candy bar that had no chance of winning.

maybe i'll swing into Formaggio Kitchen later today.

They're fairly distinctive. Red, white & blue pattern with Mast Brothers Solid Sound clearly marked on the front.

By the way, probably in an effort to screw with people, the tinfoil inside is gold.

Just picked up two from the Mast Brothers shop in Brooklyn this morning. FYI, they were only $7 (still a lot for a candy bar, but better than 10). Only opened one so far, chocolate is pretty good, definitely very salty though.

UPDATE: opened the 2nd, no gold ticket for me :(

OK the mystery of the Golden Ticketed Chocolate Bars & The Wilco Store (online) selling them has been solved. I just spoke to the always helpful, kind & articulate Annick & she filled me in thusly...

They were briefly up on the home page & at the end of the article, but they were removed from the article & website, (they are still listed at the end of the video) because...

Three experimental chocolate bars were mailed to The Wilco Store & they did not survive the mission...so they aren't able to be mailed safely...

So i had my mother in law go down to KC Westport coffee shop Oddly Correct to pick up some of the SS candy bars, and i have to report she shipped 5 candy bars to me and all of them arrived here in Texas unmelted and unbroken. BTW it's hotter then Hell here today!  :love

I can see where it could be a major issue for them sending the bars out in mass. But if we know the risk and still want to take take a chance they should give that option.

BTW i got five bars not because i am a chocaholic, but because there are five Wilco fans in my house that are also Willy Wonka fans. 

i have to report she shipped 5 candy bars to me and all of them arrived here in Texas unmelted and unbroken. BTW it's hotter then Hell here today!  :love

99 in San Antonio and the same is predicted today -- and my downstairs air conditioner appears to have given up the ghost. Looking forward to some cooler weather in North Adams next month.

BTW i got five bars not because i am a chocaholic, but because there are five Wilco fans in my house that are also Willy Wonka fans.

Many years ago, my daughter met Jeff Tweedy for the first time before a gig in England and told him that he looked like Slugworth from the 1971 film.  :lol

So i had my mother in law go down to KC Westport coffee shop Oddly Correct to pick up some of the SS candy bars, and i have to report she shipped 5 candy bars to me and all of them arrived here in Texas unmelted and unbroken. BTW it's hotter then Hell here today!  :love

I can see where it could be a major issue for them sending the bars out in mass. But if we know the risk and still want to take take a chance they should give that option.

BTW i got five bars not because i am a chocaholic, but because there are five Wilco fans in my house that are also Willy Wonka fans. 

Cool! I was in NYC this last weekend & picked up a half dozen from the Mast Brothers store for $40 total (3 fo $20 is their deal). I gave one to a friend in NYC (delicious, but no golden ticket)...and I guess that means the 5 golden tickets are in the other ones I bought- won't those folks (& me!) be excited when we win!! ;)

https://vimeo.com/64902383

Xu Bing: Phoenix (w/ music by Wilco)

Drawing inspiration from the contemporary realities of his fast-changing country, Chinese artist Xu Bing spent two years creating his newest work, Phoenix. The installation features two monumental birds fabricated entirely from materials harvested from construction sites in urban China, including demolition debris, steel beams, tools, and remnants of the daily lives of migrant laborers. At once fierce and strangely beautiful, the mythic Phoenixes bear witness to the complex interconnection between labor, history, commercial development, and the rapid accumulation of wealth in today's China.
Music by Wilco

https://vimeo.com/64902383

Xu Bing: Phoenix (w/ music by Wilco)

Drawing inspiration from the contemporary realities of his fast-changing country, Chinese artist Xu Bing spent two years creating his newest work, Phoenix. The installation features two monumental birds fabricated entirely from materials harvested from construction sites in urban China, including demolition debris, steel beams, tools, and remnants of the daily lives of migrant laborers. At once fierce and strangely beautiful, the mythic Phoenixes bear witness to the complex interconnection between labor, history, commercial development, and the rapid accumulation of wealth in today's China.
Music by Wilco

Very cool video -- thanks for posting!  Sounded like a 12" dance mix of Art of Almost....

The first golden ticket was found!

Solid Sound Festival News Flash: The first Solid Sound / Mast Brothers Chocolate Golden Ticket was found a few days ago in Boston. John, the lucky winner, purchased the Mast Brothers / Solid Sound edition chocolate bar atFormaggio Kitchen in Cambridge, MA. 4 lucky tickets remain unclaimed.
969436_584964474871168_677644628_n.jpg