I hope they publish the full set of 50 songs that they learn. it will be funny to see what they have been learning/struggling with even if half of them don't get played.

They could check this out too of course: http://viachicago.org/topic/48667-weirdobscurestrange-covers-you-would-like-to-see-wilco-perform/

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the best post in the board's history.

"Lotti" is the best poster in the history of posting.

Since I learned the significance, I'm certainly thrilled to see "srmt" post here anytime the occasion arises, but "Lotti" is a one of kind thrill, & quite possible the most unique thing about this little neighborhood...outside of the music...

Lagunitas and Samosaman are definitely coming back, per this email!

ICYMI, specially-priced Solid Sound early bird ticketing ends tomorrow (Monday) at Noon Eastern. You can save 25 bucks by buying today. With that in mind, here's a handy list of things you can buy with that extra cash when you get to MASS MoCA in June:

Lagunitas beers (and a tip) for you and two friends

a festival t-shirt and/or poster

some great music from the Euclid Records pop-up store

samosas for all your pals from Samosaman

some stuff in North Adams and help the local economy

or you could make a feel-good donation to MASS MoCA

Good luck and happy savings,

the Solid and Sound Financial Advisory Team.

So, we have tickets to Solid Sound but I can't find a hotel anywhere.  Every single one I tried is booked.

Am I SOL?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I'd hate to have to eat these tickets.

I'm sure you'll be able to find something within an hour's drive...I do believe "wilcome" is a great source of strategies & info for issues such as this...you might try messaging "wilcome" here on the forum & ask for help...but otherwise, use a little google & find out what towns are within an hour & start searching...I might be wrong, but I'd think something will turn up that can, at the very least, keep you from not having to go...

So, we have tickets to Solid Sound but I can't find a hotel anywhere.  Every single one I tried is booked.

Am I SOL?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I'd hate to have to eat these tickets.

Thanks, Linklink, for thinking I may have some inside track, but all I am is persistent. I did have a block of rooms reserved at the Willows initially but they are all taken by now. However, someone just posted on here a couple of days ago about a room at the Maple Terrace and possibly that's still available. As far as suggestions, just keep calling the hotels within a 10 mile radius and seeing if something opens up. Don't take no for a final answer, and don't believe them if they say you're on a waitlist and they'll call you. Call them instead, and keep calling back! I would book a hotel no matter how far away as a fallback as long as you don't have to prepay the reservation; just check their cancellation policies and make sure you can get out of the res without penalty within a certain amount of time. And if and when something does open up where you want to stay, be prepared to prepay the entire reservation upfront and expect a 3-day minimum. In reality peoples' plans do change or fall through at the last minute so you just need to stay alert and jump on the opportunity when it presents itself. Also, I have set up a page on Facebook called Solid Sound 2013 and you might post over there to see if anyone is looking. If you're prepared to share a room, there could be others who are also willing to do that to save money. Good luck! Something will work out.

The Best Western in Burlington still appears to have some room. It's about half an hour away from North Adams and not exactly cheap, but at this point it might be one of the best options available. 

Also keep checking Air BnB, Homeaway, etc. Someone in Williamstown is renting guest rooms in her house for $150/night. Others in the area may jump on the bandwagon when they realize there's money to be made from people who missed booking hotel and motel rooms.

:yes Lotti is this little community's odd but beloved relative. I love when she comes to our parties and get togethers. In lemon flares and sequins.

I always figured Lotti to be a guy. Not sure why now that I think of it. Do we know this to be factual?

I always figured Lotti to be a guy. Not sure why now that I think of it. Do we know this to be factual?

Lotti has his/her secrets.

Lotti's story is both a sad and a triumphant one. But only she can properly tell it.

Lotti's story is both a sad and a triumphant one. But only she can properly tell it.

And how!! Really hoping for an Abba song at Solid Sound for Lotti!

you never forget your first lotti, if you have the good fortune to meet, um , that person.

it was a dark night behind the Tower Theater, February 2008.

on the way to the show, I'll never, ever forget "Sneaking Lotti thru the Alley"

Well considering the line up says Medeski Martin and Wood with special guests...I was assuming that Wilco would join in

Marc Ribot has a history of playing with MMW. And there's so many others I'd love to share the stage with MMW too.

Live just 75 min away & am finally able to make time for this festi; best lineup yet at my fav MA museum!

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for a hotel for solid sound? It looks like I made a reservation at Maple Terrace that I forgot about. The hotel just emailed me asking me to prepay in full by April 15--a total of approx. $820 for 4 nights, 6/20-6/24. The room has 2 double beds. This is a nice motel in Williamstown about 4 miles from Mass MoCA. I've already booked at another hotel.

I could just cancel this reservation without penalty but before I did that I thought I'd see if anyone here wants it. PM me if interested. If no one contacts me by Thursday I'll just cancel.

so for those of you following along at home, I was able to work out a way to leave on Monday instead of Sunday...so yeah, I'll be able to experience the entire weekend!! yippie.

Already changed airline (no fees - thanks SouthWest!)...and my hotel was available for the extra night too.

so for those of you following along at home, I was able to work out a way to leave on Monday instead of Sunday...so yeah, I'll be able to experience the entire weekend!! yippie.

Already changed airline (no fees - thanks SouthWest!)...and my hotel was available for the extra night too.

Cool! Glad it worked out for you. See you there!