Brother, you are so right! Actually, I was stuck in traffic and I'm a little ADD besides. I don't usually text and drive, but I do sometimes sneak a peek when I'm stopped in a traffic jam. But yes, I am an addict.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Email update from Higher Ground:

Wilco's Friday Night Solid Sound Set to be All Requests

We're excited to announce that Wilco's Friday night set will consist of 100% requested material from you, the fans! This includes Wilco songs as well as originals.  Comedian John Hodgman will host the show and include a very special segment of "Stump The Band," in which he will take requests from the audience to see if the band can play them on the spot.

:guitar This should make for an interesting set! Has the band ever done anything like this before (aside from the request page on the site)?

"This includes Wilco songs as well as originals."

Shouldn't this be "This includes Wilco songs as well as covers"?

I hope they take some unusual requests instead of playing the same top requested songs that they always take!

Same news via Wilco's Facebook page:

On Friday June 21, opening night at Solid Sound Festival, Wilco will perform the first-ever (& maybe last?) live set comprised 100% of fan requests. We'll take submissions ahead of time, choose 50, the band will learn 'em and then pick randomly from those live from the stage that night. As a bonus they'll do some in real time submitted via Twitter & to top it off, a bit of "Stump the Band" w/ John Hodgman standing in for the late great Johnny Carson, giving those in the audience a chance to request songs live. It'll be a blast. Who's coming?

Maybe last, eh?

This is going to be awesome. It makes up for not getting JT solo, and even though it'll be a lot different from that, it should still have a loose, improvisational feel to it, which was part of the appeal of Jeff's solo set. So I'm more than satisfied. (In case you were wondering, Wilco.)

looks like they are taking a page from Ira and Georgia's playbook:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yo_La_Tengo_Is_Murdering_the_Classics

Yo La Tengo's WFMU fundraisers are always amazing...& I thought of that too when I read this...

But...it's a little bit of that mixed with what Jeff does solo at those all request benefit shows (which are coming up next week...can't wait...)

Friends,

It is dreamtime! There can be stomp party with songs of the Abba! Believe!

I send vote and get all from village too (even husky). Make same in your village!

I am unfortunate to be all in commitment to seal cull at this time, but I wait breathing bait for the live twits.

Welfare!

P.S. Do not forget lemon flares and the sequin as uniform of true fan.

What would you like us to get behind, Lotti? Dancing Queen? Fernando? Something else? I'm sure if we all pull together for one song we can make it happen. And it's the least we can do for you.

This is fierce dilemma! For party it is Take A Chance there in no doubt - in second spot is Hole In Your Soul, When I Kissed The Teacher, Waterloo or Ring Ring or SOS, but in small compromise perhaps darker side is of interest to Mr Jeff Tweedy. Then it could be The Visitors, all Cold War and in paranoid.

For Mr Nels there is Eagle for extra helping of noodles, and also Mr Jeff Tweedy does not have to simulate the double female throat! Ha ha! He may have the appreciation of this point.

This may suit the Wilco for the rock power approach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIlm32pbre0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A87YG_etVos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyihoLh4I-8

If Mr Jeff Tweedy want to experience full genie of the Abba then he should try to sing Waterloo with unfamiliar tongue

But true to heart it must be Take A Chance for dancing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gN1CAdsGW0

Welfare!

Friends,

It is dreamtime! There can be stomp party with songs of the Abba! Believe!

I send vote and get all from village too (even husky). Make same in your village!

I am unfortunate to be all in commitment to seal cull at this time, but I wait breathing bait for the live twits.

Welfare!

P.S. Do not forget lemon flares and the sequin as uniform of true fan.

This is the best post in the board's history.

Europe - Final Countdown

Starship - We Built this City

All tracks of Lou Reed/Metallica - Lulu

I would rather get the lyrics of those first two songs tattooed, large, on my chest than even listen to the third once through. That album was a musical hate crime.