• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there a certain bar where festival goers convene after the music stops?  Maybe some late night performances from some of the bands?

I went in 2011 and ended up at this really seedy bar.  I'm convinced we would have gotten our asses kicked if it wasn't for some random dude we befriended who backed the guys off.  For the record we were doing nothing except beating people at pool which might have angered some... 

The hotel thing was a huge hassle in 2011 and it's been no different this time around...lotta runarounds, bad info etc...so, like 2011, we just went through homeaway.com (costs a little more) and scored some nice digs. There isn't a ton of places, (Williamstown has the most it seems) but it's well worth looking into...

I saw others also report that tickets were received. I have not gotten my early bird tickets. Anyone else *not* gotten theirs?

My confirmation email mentioned that I would get a print pass message soon... That how it was the first two years and then you get a wrist band when you check in at Mass MoCA...

My confirmation email mentioned that I would get a print pass message soon... That how it was the first two years and then you get a wrist band when you check in at Mass MoCA...

That's what i thought, but then I saw on Twitter that someone posted a photo of their 3 day ticket. Check out Twitterer "jmint". And twoshedsjackson here also wrote that tickets were received. So I'm confused.

• 2 weeks later...

Parking is pretty good around town, and most of it is either free or cheap. The whole town is cozy and laid back. You might have to walk a few short blocks if you don't get there early, but my suggesiton would be to try to get there early and just plan to stay for the day. There's really no need to leave the festival grounds for anything--the food and beer are good and inexpensive, and water is free. If you do want to take a break from the festival, there are lots of good places to eat and drink within a couple of blocks.

Re the ride sharing, I did see the info on the Solid Sound website, but I assumed that had more to do with driving to and from the festival from home, not for carpooling options while already at the festival. But who knows? Maybe it's flexible enough to accommodate that.

One other thing--someone set up a Solid Sound facebook page in previous years, not for official announcements but for a way to let people who were going connect on things like room shares, meetups, etc. I just set one up a few minutes ago for Solid Sound 2013. No pictures yet because I'm goofing off at work and I have no pictures on my hard drive here, but I will be fooling around with it when I get home tonight. Meanwhile, come on over and Like the page!

thanks for all the info, Wilco Me!     see ya there !

My darling Santa and an old friend who recently moved to North Adams are making the impossible possible for me. I feel so loved! I'm the luckiest girl in the world. I shall see you all at the Wilco Convention.

Happy 2013! Live long and prosper!

Just an FYI: If you booked a room at the Williamstown Motel, you may want to call to confirm. The property changed hands as of Jan 1st. The previous owner required prepayment in full by Dec 31st which I thought was odd but I did it anyway since we had stayed there a couple of times in the past and thought they were just instituting this new policy for Solid Sound weekend. Now it seems that they wanted to collect the money before the sale of the property went through. So, it's probably best to call the new owner to make sure you are confirmed and that your payment will carry over.

Just an FYI: If you booked a room at the Williamstown Motel, you may want to call to confirm. The property changed hands as of Jan 1st. The previous owner required prepayment in full by Dec 31st which I thought was odd but I did it anyway since we had stayed there a couple of times in the past and thought they were just instituting this new policy for Solid Sound weekend. Now it seems that they wanted to collect the money before the sale of the property went through. So, it's probably best to call the new owner to make sure you are confirmed and that your payment will carry over.

They have been really inconsistent with their communication with me for the past two months or so. We stayed there last year and it was great; I was hoping to return this year, but I'm really not sure what's going on.

They have been really inconsistent with their communication with me for the past two months or so. We stayed there last year and it was great; I was hoping to return this year, but I'm really not sure what's going on.

Me too. A couple of emails went by with no response and then I got busy with holiday season and didn't follow up until last week with another unanswered email. So I decided to call. The new owner took a couple of days to get back to me but apologized and said that he saw the email exchange that I had with the previous owner and would honor my reservation and payment. I would try calling or emailing info@williamstownmotel.com for Ashwan, the new owner. I think the old email that I was using: manager@williamstownmotel.com might be a dead email now.

I booked my first room in December and thought  that required payment by December 31 was unusual. Booking an additional room through the new owner in January has been seemingly flawless. Fingers crossed, let's hope there won't be any interstate lodging issues...

Dealing with the Redwoods Motel in North Adams seems risky at best ( only 3 miles away )....

I initially made reservations on Dec 26 at Redwoods Motel and cancelled within 12 hours; still waiting for $500 refund on Jan 14.

158 to go :guitar

I just booked a room for the weekend at the River Bend Farm B&B in Williamstown.  It looks like a rustic and quaint Inn--only 4 rooms in the whole place and 2 shared bathrooms.  As of this moment, there are 2 rooms left.  All rooms are $120/night.  They ask that a deposit be sent by check "some time in the spring." The owner was charming--I'm excited!

http://windsorsofstonington.com/RBF/index.html

See you all in June!!

I just booked a room for the weekend at the River Bend Farm B&B in Williamstown.  It looks like a rustic and quaint Inn--only 4 rooms in the whole place and 2 shared bathrooms.  As of this moment, there are 2 rooms left.  All rooms are $120/night.  They ask that a deposit be sent by check "some time in the spring." The owner was charming--I'm excited!

http://windsorsofstonington.com/RBF/index.html

See you all in June!!

Wow, what a find!!

That's what i thought, but then I saw on Twitter that someone posted a photo of their 3 day ticket. Check out Twitterer "jmint". And twoshedsjackson here also wrote that tickets were received. So I'm confused.

Hey all, long time lurker first time poster. This had me confused as well but I'm thinking this person chose to have their tix mailed instead of using PrintPass. The ticket itself says it must be traded for a writstband. That's the only thing I can think of.

Hi friends.  I attended the fest the first year and was planning on returning this year.  I was wondering about how the shuttle from Boston works for people who decide to camp at the festival.  I see the campground closes on Sunday afternoon which means people who drive have to pack up camp and put their stuff in their car before entering the festival on Sunday.  What about people who take the shuttle and camp?  Are they expected to carry around their tent until the 7PM shuttle pickup back to Boston?

Also, is there a place to buy a tent, sleeping bag etc. in N. Adams? I don't recall seeing an REI or Walmart ha ha ha. I assume I would have to purchase that sort of thing in Boston and then ride the shuttle with it?  Any recommendatios or thoughts on this process?  I also may be looking to split rental car costs and hotel/camping costs if anyone is interested in such a thing.  I did this with a board member in 2010 and it worked it great.  I'll be flying in from Phoenix, AZ.  I'm a 37 year old respectable gentleman.  Laid back and no fuss.  :)  Please share your insight with me.  Thank you.

A little news: Euclid Records will be back at Solid Sound this year, according to FB.

Also, in case Faxman or others are interested, I set up a page on Facebook called Solid Sound 2013 to facilitate exactly this kind of sharing, etc. Feel free to come on over and post on there if you'd like.

I will be driving up from Norfolk, VA in a rented minivan and picking up some people along the way. Not sure yet exactly what the headcount will be, since I don't think most people have made their airline reservatiions yet, but I'm expecting to be stopping by Providence and Logan airport at least, so if there's room I'd be happy to include you. The only thing I know for sure is that I will be leaving home very early on Thursday so should get to the Boston area late afternoon that day, and then will be leaving North Adams at the crack of dawn on Monday morning.

Also, is there a place to buy a tent, sleeping bag etc. in N. Adams? I don't recall seeing an REI or Walmart ha ha ha. I assume I would have to purchase that sort of thing in Boston and then ride the shuttle with it?  

There is a walmart in n adams and you were there in 2010! 830 Curran Hwy North Adams, MA 01247830