In for a pair myself...know other friends are getting tickets as I type...Wa-Hoo!!!

Hoping for two full Wilco shows & a Jeff Tweedy solo...everything else is just extra joy... :)

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got our tickets. Hotel booked this morning. Can't wait!

This will be our first Solid Sound, and our twin daughters' first proper concert. They'll be just over 4 by June. We missed the first two because they were a bit too young. Come to think of it, this will be our first (mini) vacation as a family.

Ack - I'm late to the game this year and not finding any lodging options. I really thought that they were going to be offering a hotel package with the Holiday Inn, similar to what they did at Red Rocks. It confounds me that the entire Holiday Inn is booked that weekend. Makes no sense. We stayed there the first year and it made for such an amazing experience, being blocks away. We were spoiled, I guess, and now I'm cranky about it.  :stunned

Anyone finding any options? Still haven't bought tickets, so if we can't find anything reasonably close we probably won't go...

Ack - I'm late to the game this year and not finding any lodging options. I really thought that they were going to be offering a hotel package with the Holiday Inn, similar to what they did at Red Rocks. It confounds me that the entire Holiday Inn is booked that weekend. Makes no sense. We stayed there the first year and it made for such an amazing experience, being blocks away. We were spoiled, I guess, and now I'm cranky about it.  :stunned

Anyone finding any options? Still haven't bought tickets, so if we can't find anything reasonably close we probably won't go...

I was able to book a room at the Crowne Plaza in Pittsfield (about a half hour from MassMOCA) for the weekend. I believe it's $129 per night. Special pricing for Solid Sound apparently, so mention it when you call.

This will be our first time up there, so I can't give any more info than that. Best of luck to you.

I booked four rooms at The Willows Motel which is in nearby Williamstown, about 4 miles away and right on the shuttle line. It turns out that I need only three rooms and that means that one of you lucky VCers can have the 4th.

The rooms are approx. $200/night, with a 3-night minimum. I believe all rooms have 2 queen beds and a mini-fridge. I actually made the reservations for 4 nights, coming in on Thursday and departing on Monday, but they can be adjusted down to 3 nights since most people would probably not want to come in until Friday.

I stayed at the Willows the first year and it was a perfectly fine motel-- very nice management and comfortable rooms -- and while it's not as convenient as the Holiday Inn it's pretty much the next best thing.

So if anyone is interested in taking my 4th room just send me a private message please and I will let it go to the first bidder. You'll have to be prepared to give them your credit card number to hold the room although I don't think they will charge you until much closer to the event.

Thanks again, Diane, for planning early and booking rooms at the Willows!  Someone else on here is going to be very happy, too, to get your last room.

Stayed at the Bennington Motor Inn the first Solid Sound and rooms were only $100/night.  The place was pretty basic and the rooms were small but if anyone still needs a spot give it a try.  There was a great place to eat breakfast right up the street and it takes about 35 mins to get to North Adams, if memory serves.

1522906_11_b.jpg

I booked four rooms at The Willows Motel which is in nearby Williamstown, about 4 miles away and right on the shuttle line. It turns out that I need only three rooms and that means that one of you lucky VCers can have the 4th.

The rooms are approx. $200/night, with a 3-night minimum. I believe all rooms have 2 queen beds and a mini-fridge. I actually made the reservations for 4 nights, coming in on Thursday and departing on Monday, but they can be adjusted down to 3 nights since most people would probably not want to come in until Friday.

I stayed at the Willows the first year and it was a perfectly fine motel-- very nice management and comfortable rooms -- and while it's not as convenient as the Holiday Inn it's pretty much the next best thing.

So if anyone is interested in taking my 4th room just send me a private message please and I will let it go to the first bidder. You'll have to be prepared to give them your credit card number to hold the room although I don't think they will charge you until much closer to the event.

Thank you for this info.  I'm not sure if anyone reached out to you yet, but I'm interested. 

I bought my early bird ticket and bus passes (coming from NYC) and thought I might have a few companions coming with me.  Turns out I'm going solo at the moment.  Not sure if this room is spoken for yet, but I'm interested and if it has been I would love to split the costs with anyone if there is a spot available.

Any advice would be great! First Solid Sound for me!

I plan to cross the Atlantic and attend Solid Sound next year.

Though it's not clear to me how many nights I need to book.

From the Boston shuttle schedule I assume that the festival starts on Thursday late afternoon and ends on Sunday afternoon.

However, I'm a bit confused since the page for campsite info shows "check in begins Friday, June 21, at 11am".

Since I'm not from the US, any tip and/or advice about accomodation would be greately appreciated.

Thanks.