I have an extra room available in Williamstown for Thursday and Sunday night of the SS weekend. Nice place with a good-size pool too. If you are coming in early or leaving a little late and need a place, shoot me an email: jmira408@gmail.com

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know if there is wifi at Mass Moca?  I'm travelling from Canada and want to make sure I have enough data on my phone if needed.  

PS - I will also be at the midnight dinner!  Sunday is going to be rough, glad things aren't starting until noon :)  

Happy Solid Sound everyone!

Anybody know if there is wifi at Mass Moca? I'm travelling from Canada and want to make sure I have enough data on my phone if needed.

PS - I will also be at the midnight dinner! Sunday is going to be rough, glad things aren't starting until noon :)

Happy Solid Sound everyone!

Yes, there is free wifi and I'll be at the midnight dinner too!

I hope these people trying to cash in at the last minute don't make a penny.  $50 parking? When there are tons of free options? Get lost! They're taking advantage of people who are coming for the first time this year and don't know the area. Most of the locals have been very friendly and welcoming in the past, so I hope this doesn't continue to be a trend as the festival gets bigger. 

I'm starting to pack today. And 48 hours from now I'll probably be on the road! It will be a longer trip for me this year, since I moved since the last SSF, but it's a route I've never taken, so it will be a bit of an adventure. 

Very psyched for my first Solid Sound Festival!

Just wondering if anyone else on here is staying at the Crowne Plaza Pittsfield? I was talking to a local travel company about rides to and from the Festival site from the hotel. (It's about 20 miles each way)

They have van service also, so I was wondering if anyone wanted to pool in on a van friday night and saturday with my friend and I? Thought we could share the costs of the van. If so please email me: mike@shorecreativegroup.com 

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you all up there! 

Does anyone who is familiar with North Adams know how far from Mass MOCA the Appalachian Trail is?  I googled it and it shows it at MA 2 and Phelps Road, but I couldn't tell whether this is in town or further out.

It's not right in town, probably 2 miles from Mass MOCA.  It's not a great walk to the trailhead from downtown either-no sidewalks on kind of a busy road. I'm not saying it can't be done, it's just not a pleasant stroll.

Just so everyone is clear on this, no, we do not allow individuals to use Via Chicago as free advertising space. As our rules clearly state, this is prohibited.

"The following will not be tolerated:

Spam and personal advertisements, including "street-teaming". Via Chicago is not your free advertising space."

I've contacted the individual poster who wanted to rent out his place and several parking spaces and advised him of this policy.

safe travels to staff, band, fans, and volunteers.

can't wait to set my eyes and ears on the Solid Sound Experience!!

see ya'll soon 

Mags and I will be lighting out late Thu from soCentralPa,

smiling and miling on our trek!