• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. Lighten up Francis'.

Confirmation bias in full effect.

I've heard it and I love it. I'm going to live in it this fall like my alpaca cardigan. Damned beautiful. More later.

This makes me happy with anticipation. Tempered anticipation but anticipation nevertheless. 

I'm planning on going to a local record store listening party on Tuesday, and I'll refrain from getting it till then. I suspect they'll be selling the CDs then too.

And then I can post in that other thread.

Cos god forbid if you post in that thread without having heard it! They'll kill ya in there! :lol

Jealous of everybody that gets to go to a party.

I wonder if the pre-order store will stay open after Friday? I kinda need a shirt, but don't have the $ right now

Jealous of everybody that gets to go to a party.

I was pleasantly surprised that we'll have one at our one-and-only record store here in Lexington.  6 PM Tues, which is a pretty convenient time for me.  I suspect it'll be a very small crowd but that'll still be fun. 

I received an email from Kungfu a few minutes ago with a tracking number. Doesn't look like it has necessarily shipped though.

Yeah I got a notification a few minutes ago saying that the "order may ship at a later date" and when I click on the tracking info, it says the label was created last week and that it's "waiting on item from shipper."  So it looks like no orange vinyl this week.  Bummer.  :(

I'm not sure because my husband ordered it. Not sure if makes a difference, but he ordered within the first 4 hours of the pre-orders being up

Gotcha, well I'm hoping mine is sitting on my front porch when I get home from work in an hour or so. I live in Nashville, so it doesn't have too far to go from Raleigh!

I just "won" or rather was given all of the free schtuff! No one else showed up. It was kind of awkward. They took my pic to put on their FB page. The "white"vinyl pressing looks sweet. It's black and has the "I Heard Schmilco" sticker on one side.

I just "won" or rather was given all of the free schtuff! No one else showed up. It was kind of awkward. They took my pic to put on their FB page. The "white"vinyl pressing looks sweet. It's black and has the "I Heard Schmilco" sticker on one side.

Glad to hear it went well for others. I just went to Starship Records + Tapes here in Tulsa and two guys behind the counter started griping, saying that it was another employee's deal to host the party. Five to ten minutes later they play the album. A couple of people bought it (I'm waiting on my preorder copy but was going to buy a couple of other items). I saw them each get a sticker. No test pressings, no slip mats, etc. All the while, said employees were bitching about the employee that didn't show up for this. After hearing "Call him and tell him if his ass can't be here on time then stay the fuck home", I decided this was NOT the first Schmilco experience I was looking for and left. Oh well. Hopefully the album arrives tomorrow.

I decided this was NOT the first Schmilco experience I was looking for and left. Oh well. Hopefully the album arrives tomorrow.

Yikes. Sorry to hear that. In my small town, the party was better attended than expected--there were four of us. Originally I had a work meeting in direct conflict, but the presenter ended up canceling at the last minute so the meeting was cut short. (At that point I literally ran to my car.) I was still about 15 minutes late to the listening party, but the store manager offered to play the album a second time just for me. Very cool. Afterwards he told me to take all of the remaining stash, so I have quite a few stickers and posters.

They must have been selling the vinyl well all day, because by the time "Shrug and Destroy" came on, they were totally sold out.

Yikes. Sorry to hear that. In my small town, the party was better attended than expected--there were four of us. Originally I had a work meeting in direct conflict, but the presenter ended up canceling at the last minute so the meeting was cut short. (At that point I literally ran to my car.) I was still about 15 minutes late to the listening party, but the store manager offered to play the album a second time just for me. Very cool. Afterwards he told me to take all of the remaining stash, so I have quite a few stickers and posters.

They must have been selling the vinyl well all day, because by the time "Shrug and Destroy" came on, they were totally sold out.

Would you want to maybe send one of those extra stickers and posters to SE Tennessee?

I'm curious how much money goes into marketing these events. I'm sure there are cool stores where more than 5-10 people show up, but I bet it's a pretty small number. The store near me that had the "party" caters to a pretty sceney crowd that wouldn't be caught dead with a wilco record in their bag.

Probably 40 or so people attended the listening party in Cambridge, MA. It took place at a bar/restaurant so I'm sure there was some spill over, but it seemed like most were there for Schmilco. I did not win. But I had a nice time.

The party at Songbyrd in D.C. was fun. They were playing video from the Tiny Desk Concert and other shows while spinning Schmilco. Maybe fifty people there, but they definitely weren't all there for Wilco. A person at my table won a copy of the vinyl and they gave away a slip mat that I would have liked to have. Apparently UPS failed to deliver their copies of the album in time for the party, but we have been promised a chance to win one via email tomorrow. Wish me luck. It's the pink vinyl :-D