• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite song off of the album so far. I listened to it on my iPhone and when I went to tap my screen to light it up again I saw the website that's hosting the tune. I tried to trick it by changing the song title, but "access denied". Lol! Getting antsy over here. I'll see if I can download the MP3. I'm sure it should be easy. Edit: No such luck. 

Headed out on the road today to Syracuse, NY & the State Fair there to see Brian Wilson & Band play two sets, one of which is "Pet Sounds" complete... Would LOVE to have this new one with the two other songs that I already have... anyone who has an MP3 file... either please PM me or send to my email (HareDurga@yahoo.com)- sorry I'm just not tech savvy, but am relying on the kindness of others who are... thanks in advance to whoever chooses to good deed do & collect the happy Karma & my undying gratitude!

Headed out on the road today to Syracuse, NY & the State Fair there to see Brian Wilson & Band play two sets, one of which is "Pet Sounds" complete... Would LOVE to have this with the two other songs... anyone who has an MP3 file... either please PM me or send to my email (HareDurga@yahoo.com)- sorry I'm just not tech savvy, but am relying on the kindness of others who are... thanks in advance to whoever chooses to good deed do & collect the happy Karma & my undying gratitude!

If you pre-order the album, you'll get 2/3 immediately...

If you pre-order the album, you'll get 2/3 immediately...

Already done... but thanks!! Edited my previous post to clarify that fact...

Was hoping (figuring actually) that they'd be going that... kind of surprised they haven't...

Just need the newest one for the road trip, if possible...

Already done... but thanks!! Edited my previous post to clarify that fact...

Was hoping (figuring actually) that they'd be going that... kind of surprised they haven't...

Just need the newest one for the road trip, if possible...

I just checked and if you log it to the same place where you downloaded the first two, you'll see Someone to Lose is now available for you to DL as well!

Also on Spotify now.

I also dislike hearing the songs one at a time. I prefer the SW approach of all at once.

But that hasn't stopped me from listening to all three of these, of course. Zero willpower when it comes to new Wilco music. Sigh.

I just checked and if you log it to the same place where you downloaded the first two, you'll see Someone to Lose is now available for you to DL as well!

Happily, two kind good deed doers sent me files, both here & at my email address, & then I saw another person post that it was available to us pre-ordering folks... but thanks!!

I received an e-mail from Wilco management today because there was a glitch in the Kung Fu store where myself and about ten others had access to download Schmilco for a period of time for those who had pre-ordered the album. They had asked that if I did get it to please not share it as they had worked so hard to make sure the in store listening party would be the first time the public heard the record.

On one hand, I really really want to hear the new record and I'm bummed I didn't catch it before it was removed, but I ultimately felt that it was for the best as the day is really important to the band and everyone involved. I e-mailed management back to assure them I didn't get it and received a reply thanking me for letting them know and that they are pretty confident that a leak won't happen as everyone else checked back with them too.

As a bonus, I was offered a signed copy of the album so I hope that works out. Really love this band, and I'd much rather have it out on their terms even though I would love to hear it now.

This actually happened to me as well. The album apparently leaked on accident, but the management team caught it. I never got to download it, but they are sending me a signed copy of the vinyl. Which is pretty awesome. I'll probably frame it considering I already have a copy (the orange one) pre ordered.

Multiple media outlets have copies. (That is how I may have heard it.). I think it has not leaked due to the sheer goodwill engendered by the band, as your posts demonstrate. (Though I am still shocked that it has not leaked.). It is that same feeling of goodwill that makes SSF so special.

Even though I may have heard it, I am planning to stop by the listening session at Songbyrd in DC (cool new venue if you have not been) on Sept. 6 (before going to see Television at the 930 Club!). Holler if you're going.