• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew when Battles got on 25 minutes late that would happen. They cut 3 songs I think? Still great show and of course when songs get cut they always cut the ones I wanted to hear..

I got there about half way through deerhunter and thought there was plenty of time in between sets.  I knew it was trouble when Interpol didn't come on at 8:30.

Still a great show.  Lights and sound were great. It was weird the way they just stopped. Spoiled by bands like wilco that play longer sets.

the amount of people caught off-guard and offended by the political content of Roger Waters' show is hilarious and perplexing.

A bunch of years ago I went to see Steve Earle with a co-worker who was somewhat conservative but claimed to be a big Earle fan.  When Earle started in on his politic banter (as he is wont to do) my co-worker got offended and turned his back to the stage.  He said that if we hadn't driven together, he would have left.  He apparently liked the music but never listened to the lyrics.  

A bunch of years ago I went to see Steve Earle with a co-worker who was somewhat conservative but claimed to be a big Earle fan.  When Earle started in on his politic banter (as he is wont to do) my co-worker got offended and turned his back to the stage.  He said that if we hadn't driven together, he would have left.  He apparently liked the music but never listened to the lyrics.  

Funny. Apparently he'd never heard the album The Revolution Starts Now (or even just "F the CC"), eh?

I witnessed that at an Earle show, too --- during  the Jerusalem tour. Of course he started talking about the war ,the Bushes and the Muslim religion - people were either leaving or voicing their disapproval -- I had to wonder if they bother purchasing Jerusalem... A lot of people apparently only cling to Guitar Town.

^^ I saw the same thing at a Lucinda Williams show -- though I got to admit that Lucinda's protracted rant against W really let all the air out of the room and the show never regained momentum..  

Wilco at the Orpheum in Memphis! I gotta admit that my fandom for Wilco is very much on the decline, but I’m still looking forward to tonight’s show.

Not sure. I think tickets went on sale right after Solid Sound. I had to get mine through StubHub because it was a quick sell out. It's also the 1st night of this 2 week jaunt that ends in Los Angeles. They'll be back in the U.S. in December.