• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening with?! You’ll probably get a 60 song set!

I counted 30 on the first "page" of the oversized setlist, and there were about that many on the second page.  A little over 2 1/2 hours...

An evening and the morning after. I'm jealous -- just listened to Bee Thousand in the car.  Have a great time and report back.

Pretty loud, pretty fun. Really good crowd. They have quite the cult following - most folks down front were from way out of town it seemed. 

Joan Osborne doing the Dylan songbook. Crazy good- accompanied by guitar and keyboards. Soild message/ banter about unity. Spot on.

And her setlist, which she graciously signed w/ a big ole heart.

Signed,

"Swooning and Smitten"

Nice! Were they great?

Now I can give a report. They were great. They're always great! How they can continually make such strong music and play one terrific show after another amazes me. If I had to sum Spoon up in a word, it would be consistent. Plus I met Britt Daniel after the show. I wasn't even trying to. I was just chatting with a couple of friends on the sidewalk, and he walked up to the barricade, talked with fans, signed autographs and posed for pictures. I wasn't expecting it, but that experience was the icing on the cake. They have a fan for life in me. 

^^^ Just got tickets to see Spoon (again) in Chicago in December (with Real Estate).

I saw that show mentioned on XRT's Facebook page. Makes me wish I lived in Chicago. 

Now I can give a report. They were great. They're always great! How they can continually make such strong music and play one terrific show after another amazes me. If I had to sum Spoon up in a word, it would be consistent. Plus I met Britt Daniel after the show. I wasn't even trying to. I was just chatting with a couple of friends on the sidewalk, and he walked up to the barricade, talked with fans, signed 

autographs and posed for pictures. I wasn't expecting it, but that experience was the icing on the cake. They have a fan for life in me. 

I haven't seen them in too long, need to remedy that. Sounds like you had a perfect concert evening!