My wife and I stayed in Bennington in 2015. Good call. If you do that, be sure to check out the Blue Benn Diner for a massive breakfast with cheesy 1950s ambiance. Surly waitress at no extra charge.[/quote

Stayed in Bennington in 2013- spot on re: BlueBenn. Get there early or wait outside (small foyer/ awesome breakfast!)

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got an email from Higher Ground that says early bird pricing ends tomorrow 12/14 at midnight.  That seems a lot earlier than past years.  Demand must be high!

I wonder if they continue to sell at a higher price or they temporarily halt sales? I've seen fests go both ways. I'm interested to see what the next price point is...

Edit: Wilco just tweeted the answer here: up by $25 after tonight. 

I noticed Pitchfork early birds are $165. These early bird tickets are a pretty good deal.

I know this sounds like heresy, but I really feel they should charge more for this festival. Space is so limited and demand seems relatively inelastic. Wouldn't we all be happy to pay a little more and not have the place be so overcrowded? After all, the ticket price is just the tiniest part of the expense of this festival.

I know it was sold out on Saturday, not sure about the entire weekend. But yes, last year was more crowded. If I ruled the world, I'd keep the price for early bird passes affordable but definitely increase them, and I would have a pretty steep price increase for regular price passes and one-day passes. They need to make money, and I for one appreciate the democratic nature of Solid Sound, with no VIP areas, etc.

sounds like Metallica should have talked with Tony or the band before trying their hand at running their own festival (old news, but still a good read):

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/bummer-alert/james-hetfield-confirms-metallicas-orion-fest-is-done-band-lost-millions-on-live-fest-experiment

sounds like Metallica should have talked with Tony or the band before trying their hand at running their own festival (old news, but still a good read):

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/bummer-alert/james-hetfield-confirms-metallicas-orion-fest-is-done-band-lost-millions-on-live-fest-experiment

Sounds like they themselves never settled on the identity of the festival. I have to think you have to make a special effort to run a Mettalica festival and lose millions. Or a really bad ill-defined concept. 

For the first SS I stayed at a BnB with best friends of the people from the Vt. promoter (Higher Ground?). They reported the promoter and band were taking a bath that year. Fast forward and we all know they stuck with it and presumably it's now financially successful. That first SS was sweet though, small and intimate. 

I bought tickets to the Rodriguez show in Concord, NH on June 21st for my bf and myself.  Yesterday I get an email from them saying they are refunding everyone's tickets because of scheduling issues!  This was a big part of my bf's Christmas present, which sucks, but what can you do.  My only hope now is that those scheduling issues are because he will be at SS now instead!

Looking forward to the lineup reveal in the coming New Year... Solid Sound is kinda like attending a June wedding. Something old, something new, something borrowed something blue(sy). Would love to see artists like Kurt Vile, Tom Verlaine, Richard Lloyd. Charles Bradley if his health allows. Alejandro Escovedo & the Burn Something Beautiful Band; or, barring that, The Minus 5 (Down With Wilco!). Or how about the Feelies/Trypes/Speed the Plough? 

Looking forward to the lineup reveal in the coming New Year... Solid Sound is kinda like attending a June wedding. Something old, something new, something borrowed something blue(sy). Would love to see artists like Kurt Vile, Tom Verlaine, Richard Lloyd. Charles Bradley if his health allows. Alejandro Escovedo & the Burn Something Beautiful Band; or, barring that, The Minus 5 (Down With Wilco!). Or how about the Feelies/Trypes/Speed the Plough?

Add Courtney Barnett and the Mekons to that list and you'd have my dream lineup.

bring back NRBQ.  rediscovered them at the last SS and have seen them 5 or 6 times since then and boy do they bring it.  every show unique and top notch.  would also love to see Lucinda or bob Weir headline Sunday,  

Lord knows me loves the Q. They put on a great show! Klem Klimek's vox on "Get a Grip" was the highlight of a stellar set.

Can't access this image from work, but here's a snap of the missus with Terry: Link

bring back NRBQ.  rediscovered them at the last SS and have seen them 5 or 6 times since then and boy do they bring it.  every show unique and top notch.  would also love to see Lucinda or bob Weir headline Sunday,  

Dinosaur Jr.! It's their hood, after all.

I really hope this one happens. I'm missing them in Raleigh because they play the night after Flaming Lips play and the misses won't give me a second hall pass in one weekend...Their new release is great (as they always are).

Dinosaur Jr. would be excellent...

I really hope this one happens. I'm missing them in Raleigh because they play the night after Flaming Lips play and the misses won't give me a second hall pass in one weekend...Their new release is great (as they always are).

Dinosaur Jr.! It's their hood, after all.

Does anyone remember when they announced the lineup in 2015? I remember the alphabetical thing but don't recall when it was.

According to my calculations the announcement was made in early March.

i thought NRBQ was fairly terrible.

if they are gonna book a local act, Chris Corsano needs to be in the discussion, in whatever capacity or configuration. 

different strokes.  for my money Wilco and NRBQ are two of the best live bands out there right now, but nuthin's for everyone