• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not disappointed at all! Always wanted to see Television and Kurt Vile. Got some homework to do on the rest. Any suggestions on where to start?

Andy Shauf and Kevin Morby put out two of my favorite records last year, I can't wait to see them at SS.

On the poster posted to the Twitter page, notes "Wlilco x2." Not that we didn't assume that already, but duly noted.

There was a bit of confusion about that since their official site was asking for Wilco requests on Sunday which made it look like the 1st year that they'd play all 3 days.

Edit: Actually, it's still listed like that.

I was hoping for a Jeff Tweedy solo set since I've never seen one...I was thinking that would be Sunday if at all. Not bummed but was still hoping for one. Oh well. Maybe one day.

He may play a 6-8 song solo set in the middle of the Tweedy set. That was the standard for past Tweedy shows.

He may play a 6-8 song solo set in the middle of the Tweedy set. That was the standard for past Tweedy shows.

Awesome! I hope so.

Andy Shauf and Kevin Morby put out two of my favorite records last year, I can't wait to see them at SS.

Great! Thank you.

On another note, this is in the Frequently Asked Questions on the SS site:

Chairs & blankets will also be restricted between the mainstage and Soundboard area.

If enforced, this will make many on Joe's Field happy. And annoy a few.

That's interesting. If memory serves, they've allowed chairs/blankets for the last 3 SSFs, and for the first SSF Joe's Field was closed all day and a line began to form early in the afternoon. I much preferred the mad-dash to the front vs blankets/chairs being used as placeholders. 

On another note, this is in the Frequently Asked Questions on the SS site:

Chairs & blankets will also be restricted between the mainstage and Soundboard area.

If enforced, this will make many on Joe's Field happy. And annoy a few.

But that's meaningless, restricted to between the mainstage and Soundboard area. or banned from that area? That is crucial

If it's restricted between the stage and soundboard area then it's not allowed. It didn't say restricted to, just restricted. I'm sure it means that's standing room only.

Maybe but restricted doesn't mean not allowed.

limited in extent, number, scope, or action

I am not going this year, so I suppose it does not matter, but in 2015 a chair was very helpful to me being able to keep my spot at the rail. Granted, I stayed there basically the entire time Friday and Saturday. I only ventured away for William Tyler and to do the drumming with Glenn. I always had somebody there though in the space. I also protected spaces for my friends. There were a few instances of people being kind of rude about it, but over all it worked out well. 

Without the chair though, I would not have been able to physically maintain that spot, so if I were going this year it would have been a bummer. 

People with fast legs, good luck. That line-up is super awesome. 

I'm glad I got to go to 1 SSF. It was a one time thing.