• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Q set was one of the better latter period sets I've seen from that lineup. That said, I miss Joey (and Johnny), Big Al and... RIP Tommy & Fergie. 

different strokes.  for my money Wilco and NRBQ are two of the best live bands out there right now, but nuthin's for everyone

Anyone else going to try and haul ass from North Adams to Foxboro for U2? If the ticket gods smile upon me that's what i'll be doing. 

I don't know why i didn't throw out some U2 requests before the covers show. In hindsight it seems like a no brainer. 

Anyone else going to try and haul ass from North Adams to Foxboro for U2? If the ticket gods smile upon me that's what i'll be doing.

I don't know why i didn't throw out some U2 requests before the covers show. In hindsight it seems like a no brainer.

Yes! I'm actually driving from Pittsfield's Crowne Plaza. I'm hoping that Wilco announces some crazy idea for Sunday night & I can skip U2. U2 is supposed to announce a Monday show, if the first show sells out. That'd be more ideal & less crazy. Plus, I'll pay attention to U2's set lists to see how different they are over 2 nights.

I did get 2 GA tickets, so I'll be standing. I also have to figure out how I'm supposed to meet my best friend who lives in Boston.

• 2 weeks later...

It's rare I pass up a chance to see U2 (they're my other favorite band), but I knew I'd have to miss part of Solid Sound and a chance to hang out with friends I don't get to see too often to go. It was a tough decision, though! I remember probably about 10 years ago the Edge and his guitar tech Dallas were spotted at a Nels show. I'll be scanning the VIP sections at Mass MoCA on Saturday!

I'm doing GA for the Philadelphia show and got a seat for Pittsburgh, so I'll be able to get my fill of U2 in my home state.

I'm really hoping for Courtney Barnett and Deerhoof. It would also be cool to see Dinosaur Jr., but pack your earplugs if they make the lineup! I've probably never been to a louder show. 

Is anyone still looking for a hotel for Solid Sound? I just got a call from the owner of The Willows, which is close in Williamstown (approximately 5 miles away) and right at a shuttle bus stop. [Edit: I hear the shuttle bus stop might have been eliminated.] He has a few rooms available and is looking for a three night minimum stay, $199 per night. I've stayed at the Willows twice and thoroughly enjoyed myself both times. The management is great. It's an old-fashioned motor hotel style place with parking right in front of the rooms. The rooms are spacious and I believe most have two queen beds, a large flat screen TV and a mini fridge. A basic breakfast is included. I believe they currently have 4 or 5 rooms available, so call quickly. You can tell the owner Paul that Diane sent you. Phone number is 413-458-5768. I highly recommend this place!

Is anyone still looking for a hotel for Solid Sound? I just got a call from the owner of The Willows, which is close in Williamstown (approximately 5 miles away) and right at a shuttle bus stop. [Edit: I hear the shuttle bus stop might have been eliminated.] He has a few rooms available and is looking for a three night minimum stay, $199 per night. I've stayed at the Willows twice and thoroughly enjoyed myself both times. The management is great. It's an old-fashioned motor hotel style place with parking right in front of the rooms. The rooms are spacious and I believe most have two queen beds, a large flat screen TV and a mini fridge. A basic breakfast is included. I believe they currently have 4 or 5 rooms available, so call quickly. You can tell the owner Paul that Diane sent you. Phone number is 413-458-5768. I highly recommend this place!

Thanks so much for posting! Just reserved. Much better location than what I had previously!