• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we think Wilco is doing two typical sets this year? It seems like in the past by this time we would have known about the all request/acoustic shows. Right?

I've been wondering the same thing. At the Vic shows on the 21st and 22nd sometimes the song requesters can also ask a question. Maybe someone (maybe me?) can ask about that.

I am cross posting something from the Facebook group A Shot in the Arm, an idea I had for a prank that I think would be fun at this year's Solid Sound. I put it up in the form of a poll and at this time the votes are 48 in favor of the We're All In This Together t-shirt and 11 in favor of a striped t-shirt. Here's the original post. 

With just a little over two months to go before Solid Sound, I would love to pull some kind of a prank to delight the band on Friday, to show a whimsical, warm solidarity for the weekend. I have 2 ideas, both pretty low key, that I think would amuse the band and be a visual display of unity. 

Please vote on one of the options below:

1. We all buy a t-shirt from the guy that Jeff's wife Susie first told us about, Chunklet via Felt Good Co. This is the shirt that Jeff has been wearing a lot on tour recently, the one that says, in big white letters, "We're All In This Together" and underneath that, in much smaller letters, "except trump. he's a dick." All proceeds go to the American Immigration Council. https://feltgoodco.myshopify.com/…/were-all-in-this-togethe…

or 

2. For about a year, Jeff wore the same navy blue (maybe black) and white striped t-shirt over and over again, through the Star Wars and Schmilco tours. He's finally been switching it up, but I thought it would be funny if there were tons of us in the audience also wearing a blue and white or black and white striped shirt. Looking out at a sea of us in similar shirts would be a great visual joke, I think, and it's pretty easy to find shirts that look like that.

In past years it's sometimes been a challenge to recognize other fans from Via Chicago since we don't all know each other in real life. And now there's a big Facebook fan group too--lots of overlap from VC, of course, but some people who belong to only VC or only the Facebook group. So I think an extra bonus of wearing one of these shirts on Friday night would be that you'd have an immediate visual identifier of someone you may know online but not in real life. 

So if anyone here is interested in joining in on the fun, there's a link above to the website where you can order the Trump shirt. I've contacted the owner of the company to let him know that he may want to be prepared for an avalanche of orders. I believe they will be restocking the currently sold out XL and XXL sizes in about 2 weeks. 

And if you don't like the Trump shirt idea, it should be easy enough to find a striped shirt similar to the one Jeff's been wearing so often. 

Love the idea (I already responded to the FB survey). One thought: you suggest everyone wear their shirt for the Friday night show. Would it be better to suggest Saturday, as most folks will be on site for all or most of Saturday and more easily identified? Lots of folks, myself included, will be pulling in late afternoon/early evening on Friday. Just a thought.

Love the idea (I already responded to the FB survey). One thought: you suggest everyone wear their shirt for the Friday night show. Would it be better to suggest Saturday, as most folks will be on site for all or most of Saturday and more easily identified? Lots of folks, myself included, will be pulling in late afternoon/early evening on Friday. Just a thought.

Good point. The only reason I was suggesting Friday was because it's the first day of the festival and we'd have the rest of the weekend to get to know each other. But I think you may be right, there will be more people on Saturday and we'll have all day to show off our shirts.

I saw Joan Shelley tonight, opening for Richard Thompson. Really enjoyed her set and bought one of her CDs.Great voice, nice guitar sounds, and good lyrics.

First post here! Sorry if this is irritating, but has there been any centralized talk about housing for Solid Sound this year? Any fan tips or tricks? 20 pages is a lot to dig through  :blink . Was also wondering if anyone has any experience with Uber up there. Seems like a popular weekend for the area so I imagine some drivers would want to get it on that. Thanks in advance!

First post here! Sorry if this is irritating, but has there been any centralized talk about housing for Solid Sound this year? Any fan tips or tricks? 20 pages is a lot to dig through  :blink . Was also wondering if anyone has any experience with Uber up there. Seems like a popular weekend for the area so I imagine some drivers would want to get it on that. Thanks in advance!

There's a Solid Sound 2017 Facebook group you might want to look into joining. As people's plans evolve, it would probably be a good place to connect if your plans are still incomplete.

I am cross posting something from the Facebook group A Shot in the Arm, an idea I had for a prank that I think would be fun at this year's Solid Sound. I put it up in the form of a poll and at this time the votes are 48 in favor of the We're All In This Together t-shirt and 11 in favor of a striped t-shirt. Here's the original post. 

With just a little over two months to go before Solid Sound, I would love to pull some kind of a prank to delight the band on Friday, to show a whimsical, warm solidarity for the weekend. I have 2 ideas, both pretty low key, that I think would amuse the band and be a visual display of unity. 

Please vote on one of the options below:

1. We all buy a t-shirt from the guy that Jeff's wife Susie first told us about, Chunklet via Felt Good Co. This is the shirt that Jeff has been wearing a lot on tour recently, the one that says, in big white letters, "We're All In This Together" and underneath that, in much smaller letters, "except trump. he's a dick." All proceeds go to the American Immigration Council. https://feltgoodco.myshopify.com/…/were-all-in-this-togethe…

or 

2. For about a year, Jeff wore the same navy blue (maybe black) and white striped t-shirt over and over again, through the Star Wars and Schmilco tours. He's finally been switching it up, but I thought it would be funny if there were tons of us in the audience also wearing a blue and white or black and white striped shirt. Looking out at a sea of us in similar shirts would be a great visual joke, I think, and it's pretty easy to find shirts that look like that.

In past years it's sometimes been a challenge to recognize other fans from Via Chicago since we don't all know each other in real life. And now there's a big Facebook fan group too--lots of overlap from VC, of course, but some people who belong to only VC or only the Facebook group. So I think an extra bonus of wearing one of these shirts on Friday night would be that you'd have an immediate visual identifier of someone you may know online but not in real life. 

So if anyone here is interested in joining in on the fun, there's a link above to the website where you can order the Trump shirt. I've contacted the owner of the company to let him know that he may want to be prepared for an avalanche of orders. I believe they will be restocking the currently sold out XL and XXL sizes in about 2 weeks. 

And if you don't like the Trump shirt idea, it should be easy enough to find a striped shirt similar to the one Jeff's been wearing so often.

Update: There is now a special Solid Sound version of Jeff Tweedy's ubiquitous shirt. There are still some regular shirts (white lettering on either black or red shirts) but also now a special version with yellow letters on a black shirt, created just for us. As I understand it, just place your order between now and late May, the the store will have all shirts printed and shipped to you directly in time for the festival weekend. Just follow the link. https://feltgoodco.myshopify.com/products/were-all-in-this-together-shirt

Yep, I got ours. Shhhh, don't tell Alissa because hers is a present. :thumbup

I love that these are in a unique font color just for us. I can't help thinking of John Belushi as a bee.....but I want to be that bee in my Solid Sound tee.

Do we think Wilco is doing two typical sets this year? It seems like in the past by this time we would have known about the all request/acoustic shows. Right?

Was thinking about this as well so checked out the last SS thread, the all acoustic set was announced on May 28. Patience grasshoppers

Hey folks.  FYI:  I just cancelled a reservation at the

COZY  CORNER MOTEL
284-Sand Springs road Rte # 7
Williamstown ,MA-01267
Ph # (1) -413-458-8006
fax #(1)- 413-458-0237

I had two rooms and my friend and his family had to bail so they now have a room available.  My family and I are staying there for the third time this summer and have never had any issues.  Look forward to seeing you all come June.  have my shirt all ready to go

Update: There is now a special Solid Sound version of Jeff Tweedy's ubiquitous shirt. There are still some regular shirts (white lettering on either black or red shirts) but also now a special version with yellow letters on a black shirt, created just for us. As I understand it, just place your order between now and late May, the the store will have all shirts printed and shipped to you directly in time for the festival weekend. Just follow the link. https://feltgoodco.myshopify.com/products/were-all-in-this-together-shirt

Super fresh update as of today (4/27): The shirt designer just called to tell me that Wilco may be officially promoting the shirts as well. Stay tuned--I'm not exactly sure how this will all be shaking out. Just wanted you all to know before you see it from Wilco. We started a movement! Or hopped on the bandwagon at just the right time.