• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

As promised, here's some pictures of the Beths on Friday night. As I don't drink they put me at the side of the stage in the all ages area. A guy was there with his 13 year old daughter. He wasn't fam

Posted Images

2 hours ago, tinnitus photography said:

this will be my 4th time i think... always an entertaining show, though they pull a strange crowd. 

Gene Ween moved into the part of Seattle I live in recently. Ya, they do have a weird mix of people who follow them. Personally,  I really like the band musically but the infantile humor thing wears out fast on me. I'm the same way about Frank Zappa. Dean Ween is an awesome guitar player.

On 11/3/2022 at 5:29 AM, brownie said:

Beth Orton

How was it? 

I have an off night in Chicago between Califone shows next week, and she's playing.  I haven't listened to her much, but her new record sounds a little ... sleepy? Wondering how she is live.

Vince

17 minutes ago, theashtraysays said:

How was it? 

I have an off night in Chicago between Califone shows next week, and she's playing.  I haven't listened to her much, but her new record sounds a little ... sleepy? Wondering how she is live.

Vince

I enjoyed it, but she did play her new album in its entirety, so if you don't like the new one, this show is probably not for you. There were just a few older songs thrown in.

I personally don't like shows that are so focused on one album, but I had never seen her, it was close to home and easy to get to, and was very affordable.  Taking all of that into consideration, it was very enjoyable. 

She had a full band, so the sound was very full.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, theashtraysays said:

Califone 

They are playing a living room show very near me tomorrow night --- but of course I already had tickets for another show tomorrow night. Would have been cool to go.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, theashtraysays said:

Well shit - I’m going to that one too. 

Cool - would like to see your thoughts afterwards. I hardly go to concerts now a days - figures two gigs on the same night would pop up. 

I am seeing a completely opposite type of band -- Dark Star Orchestra (plays Grateful Dead tunes).

Dark Star Orchestra --- last time I saw these guys was 1998. Must admit we left after the 1st set because we  were bored.

Pretty crazy that they are celebrating this 25th anniversary this year --- which is great.

Guess today is the actual 25th anniversary of their 1st show -- so it should be pretty special.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, remphish1 said:

And show was postponed doh! Can’t make new show so I guess I’m not seeing them 🙁

Wow, why was it postponed?

It seems like shows are postponed at the drop of a hat these days.  

Edit: Ah, I see Kate Pierson has strep throat.  That’s too bad.  But it still seems to me like shows are postponed and outright canceled more than ever these days.  I used to travel for shows all the time and never once worried about the show not happening. 

• Sad 1