Don't think anyone else posted this yet unless I missed it, but saw this interview Jeff did with Marty Lennartz of WXRT this morning.  Revelations: He says they are doing the whole album tonight at Pitchfork!  Also, the album name "Star Wars" is either after the 80s missile defense system or the name of the cat; "that much should be obvious" :)

http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/2015/07/17/we-want-people-to-hear-the-whole-record-first-jeff-tweedy-on-wilcos-surprise-new-album-plus-plans-for-tonights-pitchfork-set/

This is a great little interview.  The whole family is in the car coming back from picking up Sammy at camp with the interview on speakerphone.  Quite a hoot.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think anyone else posted this yet unless I missed it, but saw this interview Jeff did with Marty Lennartz of WXRT this morning.  Revelations: He says they are doing the whole album tonight at Pitchfork!  Also, the album name "Star Wars" is either after the 80s missile defense system or the name of the cat; "that much should be obvious" :)

http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/2015/07/17/we-want-people-to-hear-the-whole-record-first-jeff-tweedy-on-wilcos-surprise-new-album-plus-plans-for-tonights-pitchfork-set/

Yay, I'm excited for them to start doing interviews so we can learn a little more about the record.

Man, at the beginning of that I was really noticing Jeff's Chicago accent.  I kept waiting for him to say "Da Bears!".

I just got this email. I hope that this means that a Fall Tour will be announced very soon. 

New pre-sale ticketing partner, CrowdSurge

In our continuing efforts to find the most effective and simple way for you to obtain tickets via our pre-sales, we’re making a change. From today forward all pre-sales will be facilitated be by our new partners — a company called CrowdSurge (a part of Songkick). Which means pre-sales will no longer be run by Front Gate Tickets. Trust us when we say that for reasons far too boring to go into here, this makes sense for us moving forward.

If you already have a Wilco account on Front Gate Tickets, you will receive an e-mail on steps to create your new CrowdSurge account.

We are excited about the new opportunities this partnership will create and hope you will bear with us while we all aim to make this transition as smooth as possible for everyone.

Love, Wilco HQ 

*Please note that the transfer of your information from Front Gate Tickets to CrowdSurge was monitored; none of your information was or will ever be compromised.

All of the already announced shows are listed on this new website. So it looks like if you need to buy tickets, you'll be going through Crowd Surge. Edit: Actually, it looks like by signing up it brought me to a Wilcoworld.net listing of the shows. And I tried to buy tickets for a few shows and it brought me to an external link like Ticketmaster or the Pilgrimage Festival link etc. Sorry for the confusion. 

after a few more listens, this record goes from great to freaking fantastic.  I am obviously in new album euphoria, and judgments are clouded, with no benefit of perspective, but I didn't have this reaction to the last few records, although I ended up liking them a lot.  I wonder if the reverse will happen here.  Hope not!

after a few more listens, this record goes from great to freaking fantastic.  I am obviously in new album euphoria, and judgments are clouded, with no benefit of perspective, but I didn't have this reaction to the last few records, although I ended up liking them a lot.  I wonder if the reverse will happen here.  Hope not!

I was just about to post this:

A few listens in now I'm thinking "Yes!"

So I guess I agree.

FWIW I posted a very very very brief rundown of how to play Random Name Generator in the Lyrics/Tabs section. Buddy and I figured it out, probably going to play a jam based off of it tmrw night at this show we are playing. Or the song itself if we can figure out the lyrics.

Everthing that I noodled with was in A, except the song after Satellite was in B

My Apple TV's YouTube channel is all set to Pitchfork's streaming. I'm watching Mac DeMarco now. This sound is amazing! Can't wait. 

I see two channels for Pitchfork, both say 'live', which channel will Wilco be on?