I went onto the Pitchfork site and clicked on the YouTube video for the Main Stage. It brought me to the actual YouTube channel where I subscribed to Pitchfork's channel. When I hopped onto my Apple TV, I couldn't find a direct stream via the Pitchfork Channel Subscription page, so I found it using the search function. And yes, there are two streams happening right now. You don't want the Blue Stage, unless if you want to see Iceage & Ought. And if the search function doesn't show all of the words, choose the one with the most views. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gblYhwTenDQ

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the music reminds me of David Bowie. I'm digging it. It sounds a lot different than any other Wilco record (which is a good thing.) While the other records are good, this is the follow-up to AGIB that I was secretly hoping for. Now I think it's that time again for everyone to list their Wilco albums in chronological order!

Just looked up the schedule, so Mac DeMarco is on the Red stage, Wilco is on the Green, so the stream playing Panda Bear who are also on the Green should probably be the right one, Channel 1?

Yes. Chvrches should be up next at 8:20 EST.

I can't seem to find how long their set will be. I'll keep digging. I'm only seeing start times.

Edit: LOL! The audio on my stream is off by at least 30 seconds. Time to fix that, I hope. 

This is really the first Wilco record since Nels joined the band where they didn't feel the need to pigeonhole him into the record.  And for that reason, it's really the best Wilco record since AGIB. 

^ Absolutely.

So I eventually slept sometime yesterday, it's noon here in AU and I've been listening to the record all morning and I just can't wear it out. I must have listened to it about twelve times yesterday.

This is one of the most enjoyable, challenging records they've made. Despite the rawness it just keeps revealing itself with each play, which I guess, proves that not every record has to be fussy and agonised over (Sky Blue SkyWTA and especially The Whole Love).

It's strangely recalling (of all things) the improvised jams/exercises/drafts on The Wilco Book disc merges with the best elements of Ghost, Loose Fur and bits of Sukirae

It's just wonderful - a lovely, lovely surprise.

Love, love, love. 

:cheers

The radio interview made it sound like they didn't really look into the legal use of Star Wars. I know the band Eisley used to be called Mos Eisley and when they signed to a major they had to drop the 'Mos' because of George Lucas. The missile defense thing is named after the movie, so I don't know that that helps them any.

Streamed the Pitchfork festival, but haven't heard the album yet. I will try to stream it on my phone. I hate for that to be first since I am doubting my phone will represent the bass well at all. If I could find a 1/4" to 1/4" cord I could send the sound of my phone through my TV sound setup.

Sounds even better when you stream the album on Spotify, with the High Quality Streaming option selected. Pisses all over the sound of the 256k download, picking up a lot more detail, especially with headphones on.

I gotta say I'm warming to this album already. Ten listens and I'm annoying everyone around me asking them about it (becauss I'm evil and make them listen to it). It's dense and difficult, and I don't know how it'll stand the test of time, but it's Wilco, so it probably will. Please excuse my prior post where I didn't know what I think, but I still don't know what to think. But I'm comfortably confused now. I really like all the weird little YHF sounds on it... So glad they started doing that again.

Interesting tidbit: the Parks and Rec season finale features "Pickled Ginger" as a Land Ho song. Couldn't find it on YouTube, otherwise I'd post a link.

Whoa! I'm re-watching that episode now.

Interesting tidbit: the Parks and Rec season finale features "Pickled Ginger" as a Land Ho song. Couldn't find it on YouTube, otherwise I'd post a link.

I remember watching that episode when it first aired and thinking, Gee, that's what I wish new Wilco sounded like.

Just want to say that I frequent lots of message boards. And this has got to be one of my favorites. You guys are awesome. Totally gotta meet up next solid sound. I was too shy in 2013

Everyone I met this year was so nice! Though I wish we could make name tags with usernames so we could know each other easier.

All my technology was tuRnt ofT on the night this album surprised the Wilco world. I got my keys to unlock my door as I returned home at midnight from work. I heard Jeff's voice and unfamiliar rhythm and music. I opened the door to star wars and a VERY happy wife. they did it again with a different approach but the same Wilco we like ( or LOVE). Tonight was my first night to work with the album in my ear. All I can say is More... I was pissed off at nature making me human, and then this song came on and I demolished my work...with a smile 

P.S. I do not frequent message boards. the only 1 I ever did was Chattarock. it WAS a local space for music opinion in Chattanooga TN. and the sticker was my FACE. see my avatar for display :)