Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

Wait til you get a couple episodes further… 

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

Posted Images

I wasn't out and about but they just played 'Wilco (the song)' on an episode of 'Parenthood'.

Whoa they just played "Alice Marble Gray" by Califone in the same episode!

The soundtrack is definitely aimed at a certain demographic that I am square in the middle of. I guess Wilco is dad rock.

The soundtrack is definitely aimed at a certain demographic that I am square in the middle of. I guess Wilco is dad rock.

only 3 episodes in and also heard Avett Brothers and Grizzly Bear.

great music and Peter Krause?

• 4 weeks later...

True story...."One Wing" is playing at the grocery store this afternoon...I'm humming a little bit and this chick asks me who it is. Naturally, I proceed to tell her briefly about the band and before you know it, we're having coffee next door and plan on meeting again this weekend. :huh ...I thought this shit only happened in movies.

Thanks, Wilco. :thumbup

True story...."One Wing" is playing at the grocery store this afternoon...I'm humming a little bit and this chick asks me who it is. Naturally, I proceed to tell her briefly about the band and before you know it, we're having coffee next door and plan on meeting again this weekend. :huh ...I thought this shit only happened in movies.

Thanks, Wilco. :thumbup

Did you ask her "Hey, how is it going?"

Inside joke. Somewhere on here you'll find what I refer to.

But I'm happy for you. Although, I wouldn't call her a "chick".

Did you ask her "Hey, how is it going?"

Inside joke. Somewhere on here you'll find what I refer to.

But I'm happy for you. Although, I wouldn't call her a "chick".

:lol ...don't be happy for me just yet. She's probably only after me for my Wilco CD and DVD collection.

:lol ...don't be happy for me just yet. She's probably only after me for my Wilco CD and DVD collection.

Well, she sounds like she may be a double agent working for Drive By Truckers, Son Volt or Ryan Adams.

Be careful.

Well, she sounds like she may be a double agent working for Drive By Truckers, Son Volt or Ryan Adams.

Be careful.

well, I have to say that I was rather suspicious when she said she knew a few Son Volt and Jay Farrar tunes but had never heard of "this Wilco person or whatever".

;)

This was a few months ago, but while I was on my way back from San Fransisco to Phoenix with my girlfriend and her family, I stopped at a Chipotle and heard "Someone Else's Song." I was freaking out, and I think everyone thought I was crazy or something, haha.

a dude walked out and asked me what i was listening to and i said Wilco and he knew who i was talking about so, yay!

The company I work for formed an "Olympic Committee" that would meet periodically to discuss crap like staffing and transportation leading up to the Games. One of my best friends was asked to be on the committee. During one meeting someone non-chalantly mentioned that "some good bands" would be playing at the LiveCity venues. My friend jumped in with, "Yeah, like Wilco!" Everyone in the room turned and looked at her and said "Who?" Sigh.

I saw a theater piece in Norfolk, VA a few weeks ago, just after the Wilco show at The National in Richmond. I was still in full on obnoxious mode, boring the hell out of all my friends about "the best concert EVER" and I guess they thoght I might finally shut up once I had a new sensory experience. The play was "Darwin in Malibu" and guess what music was played at the opening? California Stars! I of course immediately turned to my friends and said "Wilco!" I don't think they even believed it. :-) It was played again at the end of the show. Just another weird and wonderful Wilco moment.

The play, by the way, was a good one--an absurdist fantasy about Charles Darwin and his contemporaries in limbo and finding themselves transplanted to modern day Malibu. California Stars was not incidental music--it was actually part of the play's beginning and ending.

Not exactly Wilco but even cooler,WFPK 91.9 here in Louisville played "Pecan Pie" today at about 1:30. How's that for a relatively obscure deep cut.