• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've met a nice handful of VCers. Excellent people all around. Had a beer with M. Bed, Speed Racer stayed over at my apt. for a Jandek show, met up with Ms. Yvon after a pair of shows, saw Fickerson and of course Derek Phillips at a Riviera show back in the day in Iowa City, talked with Kidsmoke a bunch before the Davenport show, met LouieB, Samorama, and a handful of others in Chicago at the hideout...there's a good handful more that I've either briefly said hello to or seen at various venues. I'm pretty easy to spot, so come and say hi if I'm at a show...or if you're passing through Iowa and you need a place to stay and/or recommendations on Des Moines/Iowa City food I may have a few pointers.

If I could afford to take a month or two off from work I would do teh VC American Tour. Start from the Lake of Fire in NY, run down the Coast, including Joisey, through Byrd Country, on down to F-L-A (including the part that voted blue), swing across the South through lawyer territory and where the Crow flies, a little stop in the Dead-friendly Mile High City, into Calee-fornee for a stop in Baconville U.S.A. and the Administrative offices in Riverside, then onto the Holy City (SF) and finishing up in the great Northwest to our destination of Seattle (huh? what?) before heading towards Sweet Home Chicago.

Sorry, my friends up north - I'd have the inevitable problem at the border. :stunned

i've met several VCers! hummingbird, wilcogirl (ok technically we were next to each other at a show and didn't realize it until after the fact, but will actually meet at philly), foolinrain, j4lackey and jenny, jimmyjimmy (oh did i get that wrong), edie, julie jim and lilac rain, soon to be about 28 other vcers, ;), and last but not least, bigshoulders :wub !

You've re-adjusted to living in Babylon again?

I was never actually a member of the rainbow family....I was a teenage runaway punk rock kid, who had been squatting, and ended up hitching a ride with some friends and we ended up at a gathering. After that I went to live in an Anarcho house in Dayton, OH..... If those folks could see me now.....I am such a "sell out." They all live in rural Alaska with face tattoos. :unsure

......and I have met too many VCers to count.....hell, I even married one. :wub

If I could afford to take a month or two off from work I would do teh VC American Tour. Start from the Lake of Fire in NY, run down the Coast, including Joisey, through Byrd Country, on down to F-L-A (including the part that voted blue), swing across the South through lawyer territory and where the Crow flies, a little stop in the Dead-friendly Mile High City, into Calee-fornee for a stop in Baconville U.S.A. and the Administrative offices in Riverside, then onto the Holy City (SF) and finishing up in the great Northwest to our destination of Seattle (huh? what?) before heading towards Sweet Home Chicago.

Sorry, my friends up north - I'd have the inevitable problem at the border. :stunned

This doesn't include a stop in Columbus and it makes me sad. :ohwell

Only Ms Yvon, but that was a rocking good time.

Maybe some more on Wednesday if people are still going to the residency shows?

Hells yeah! See you there!