My Morning Jacket...

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the new record is amazing. Love every track. Jim has stepped it up. Hope they swing back East in the Spring.

new record coming. I unfortunately missed this tour, but have watched lots of live vids. This band is just relentless. I've always loved Jim's writing & singing, the whole band is now right up the

My wife and I saw them in Santa Barbara and they were just ON FIRE. We have seen them lots of times including NYE in Denver, Red Rocks, Jazzfest in NOLA and multiple times around LA - this show was am

I was there! That duet was pretty darned adorable!

They played this (w/ Nicole Atkins) when I saw them at the New Year's Eve show at MSG a couple of years ago too. They also played "You're All I Need To Get By" :D

Thanks for the link, Charlie.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

08-03-04 Morrison, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheatre *

08-06 Kansas City, MO - Starlight Theatre *

08-07 Lincoln, NE - Pinewood Bowl *

08-08 St. Louis, MO - Peabody Opera House *

08-10 Somerset, WI - Somerset Amphitheatre *

08-12 Columbus, OH - The LC Pavilion *

08-14 Rochester Hill, MI - Meadow Brook *

08-15 Toronto, Ontario - Echo Beach (Molson Canadian Amphitheatre) *

08-17 Philadelphia, PA - The Mann Center *

08-18 Columbia, MD - Merriweather Post Pavilion *

08-19 Brooklyn, NY - Williamsburg Park #

08-21 Pittsburgh, PA - Stage AE *

08-22 Chicago, IL - Jay Pritzker Pavilion at Millenium Park *

08-24 Alpharetta, GA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre *

08-25 Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Uptown Amphitheatre *

08-26 Raleigh, NC - Raleigh Amphitheatre *

* with Band of Horses

# with Shabazz Palaces

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There is already a long thread about MMJ going way back, although it was buried.

http://viachicago.org/topic/35939-my-morning-jacket/page__hl__%20morning%20%20jacket__st__320

I'm going to both of the Red Rocks shows in a couple weeks and then I'm hitting all three nights at the Wiltern in LA in Sept. I'm just a little tiny bit STOKED for these shows!!!! (And I get one more Wilco show in Arizona just after that, so a sweet little concert schedule for me.)

Me! Just saw them in Louisville... seeing them later in August in Philly and outside of Baltimore.

I think those 2 will be my 26th and 27th time seeing MMJ in some form or variation.

yes! I'm going to the mann center show :) excited.

I'm seeing MMJ and Band of Horses in August! I think these two bands are a wonderful match.

This will be my third August in a row seeing MMJ, which is saying a lot because my city seems to miss out on a lot of good tours. Apparently MMJ loves us.

I was about to go on and on about how much of love this band live, but then I realized my post from last year saying the same thing is still on this page. Let's just say that I can't wait until the big day comes along.

I'm seeing MMJ and Band of Horses in August! I think these two bands are a wonderful match.

This will be my third August in a row seeing MMJ, which is saying a lot because my city seems to miss out on a lot of good tours. Apparently MMJ loves us.

I was about to go on and on about how much of love this band live, but then I realized my post from last year saying the same thing is still on this page. Let's just say that I can't wait until the big day comes along.

yes this will be the 3rd time in august in 3 years i have seen MMJ also.. great that they tour like crazy and realize they have a massive market in the philly area..

I'm seeing them 2 out of 3 nights in LA. It will be my first time seeing the band. My girlfriend has seen them before and thinks they are great.

I enjoyed watching the storytellers show and am looking forward to seeing them live.

I don't know why I didnt get into them sooner. I just started wanting to listen to At Dawn a lot this year and that opened the door for me to finally like them and start listening to more of their albums.

Red Rocks weekend:

2.75 hours the first night

3.5 hours the second night.

No repeats, epic long shows, band on fire, friendly forum fans hanging out at hotel and tailgate parties, early entry for fan club folks... I think you could say it was a good time!

covers included Isn't It A Pity, It Makes No Difference, Oh Sweet Nuthin', and Rock The Casbah.

And they just announced three nights at the (newly reopened?) Capitol Theater in Port Chester, NY for you East Coast folk.

Red Rocks weekend:

2.75 hours the first night

3.5 hours the second night.

No repeats, epic long shows, band on fire, friendly forum fans hanging out at hotel and tailgate parties, early entry for fan club folks... I think you could say it was a good time!

covers included Isn't It A Pity, It Makes No Difference, Oh Sweet Nuthin', and Rock The Casbah.

And they just announced three nights at the (newly reopened?) Capitol Theater in Port Chester, NY for you East Coast folk.

Shug, it was great to meet you...albeit way too briefly. i have to concur...what we witnessed was pretty epic. in fact i think the Official Rankings of Best Current Live Bands just swapped it's numbers 1 and 2 - MMJ now followed by Wilco.

I pre-ordered these Friday afternoon and immediately received a confirmation. Haven't received the download notification email yet.

not a fan of MMJ, but a huge fan of that dog in your avatar!