My Morning Jacket...

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the new record is amazing. Love every track. Jim has stepped it up. Hope they swing back East in the Spring.

new record coming. I unfortunately missed this tour, but have watched lots of live vids. This band is just relentless. I've always loved Jim's writing & singing, the whole band is now right up the

My wife and I saw them in Santa Barbara and they were just ON FIRE. We have seen them lots of times including NYE in Denver, Red Rocks, Jazzfest in NOLA and multiple times around LA - this show was am

Circuital

Pre-orders are available now for the deluxe and standard versions of Circuital, My Morning Jacket’s forthcoming release, available on May 31, 2011. Sign up here to receive a download of the title track and learn more about Roll Call: the new My Morning Jacket fan club.

Streaming at Relix.com:

My Morning Jacket "Circuital"

Here is the title track from the forthcoming My Morning Jacket album, which is set for a May 31 release.

that song is pretty decent... but by no means does it deserve to be 7:15 long...

and sadly it doesn't get me all that excited for the rest of the album yet. all I ask is that it's better than Evil Urges, which isn't asking much.

That's interesting, because I really like the song a lot.

Also, I believe another song on the album is going to be this, which they've been playing live. Fantastic song by the way!

There's also a short clip on amazon of one of the new songs called Holdin on to Black Metal. It's very short so you can't tell much, but it sounds interesting for sure.

http://www.amazon.com/Holdin-on-to-Black-Metal/dp/B004UJRWXU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1302711696&sr=8-1

overall i'm very excited and think the album will be great

that Holdin on To Black Metal clip sounds quite awful to me sadly... Jim's awkward falsetto vocal, the kids choir, and i'm fine with horns in some cases, but.. :(

but Wonderful is great. saw Jim debut that w/ M. Ward a few years ago

I'll take awkward falsetto/less reverb Jim over the reverb heavy Jim of the earlier records any day. His voice is too naturally good to waste under a wall of reverb.

So needless to say, I like where Circuital is heading.

yeah, but he just sounds so weird/strained on that clip... plus there's still PLENTY of reverb ;)

he has a good falsetto (see Wordless Chorus), but that isn't it on that track.

At Dawn is and likely always will be my favorite album of theirs though... reverb or not, it's got 5 or 6 of my top 10 MMJ songs.

honestly the ethereal/otherwordly quality of his voice on At Dawn is what made me fall head over heels for them a decade ago, so without the reverb i'd likely not be nearly as huge of fan. i get what you mean, he does have an amazing voice without it, but still...

Count me in the camp that wants less falsetto from Jim. If the new album is full of it, I will drift further away from the band. Delta Spirit is starting to scratch my itch the way MMJ used to. I much prefer Matt's voice and lyrics, and their new album is supposed to be much louder as well.

Count me in the camp that wants less falsetto from Jim. If the new album is full of it, I will drift further away from the band. Delta Spirit is starting to scratch my itch the way MMJ used to. I much prefer Matt's voice and lyrics, and their new album is supposed to be much louder as well.

yes.gif

agreed

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday's Lexington show was great. These guys are so cohesive live it's kinda ridiculous. It's not very often you find the new stuff the highlight of the night but "Circuital" was by far a stand out. That song is just awesome live and I have good feelings about this album. Some other highlights for me personal were "Butch Cassidy", an amazing version of "Dance Floors", "Smokin from Shootin" and the song all the Jacket purist love to bash "Highly Suspicious" which absolutely kills it every time.

I don't understand how you can't like Highly Suspicious.

it's just too dumb for my taste unfortunately :(

musically it's kinda fun, but the lyrics + Jim's vocals? :no

Kyle, you got your wish! :dancing

Sat 06/18/2011 My Morning Jacket in Minneapolis, MN Walker Art Center

(and Thu 06/16/2011 Milwaukee/Riverside too)

yep yep!

going to both actually w00t.gif

I got into MMJ around the time of it Still Moves and have been hooked ever since. I love the live shows and their constant exploration of various sounds. On a seperate note, I was doing an interview at a Starbucks in Louisville, Ky yesterday on Baxter Ave. and Jim James walks in orders a coffe and something to eat and just walks off with very little recognition. I obviously knew who he was and wanted to halt my interview and say hello. I decided that it would be best just to let him go about his business and he walked off. Made the overnight trip to Lousiville worth while! MMJ Rules!

New song's out, on their facebook. Holdin' On To Black Metal. Love it.

Jim falsetto haters might as well ignore it completely.

Wow.. The song is... Interesting... Going to take a few more listen's to see if I really like it or not.. First impressions are that it falls in line with "Highly Suspicious".. Sort of a goof-off song....

Again, gotta let it soak in though..

Wow.. The song is... Interesting... Going to take a few more listen's to see if I really like it or not.. First impressions are that it falls in line with "Highly Suspicious".. Sort of a goof-off song....

Again, gotta let it soak in though..

i'm so confused. what happened to these guys? at dawn through Z was a good run. now this again?