My Morning Jacket...

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the new record is amazing. Love every track. Jim has stepped it up. Hope they swing back East in the Spring.

new record coming. I unfortunately missed this tour, but have watched lots of live vids. This band is just relentless. I've always loved Jim's writing & singing, the whole band is now right up the

My wife and I saw them in Santa Barbara and they were just ON FIRE. We have seen them lots of times including NYE in Denver, Red Rocks, Jazzfest in NOLA and multiple times around LA - this show was am

Agreed. I had an absolutely fantastic time, but I think I may have been a little spoiled by the Chicago shows. I was hoping for some older tunes, rarities, and/or lots of new covers, but I think the setlist was written for maximum fun-osity, and it was perfect for New Year's Eve.

(gah, I hate to give the gift horse a full dental exam... ;) )

Nicole Atkins...pffffft. I wonder how Jim hooked up with that Mariah Carey wannabe. Now Will Johnson adding harmonies on "Golden", THAT was awesome!

ms yvon, lovely running into you! I have a feeling we'll cross paths on tour again... :)

On the "not as epic" note, it seemed like they were more interested in just having a good time than truly going nuts with the epicness. "Fun" is the best word to describe the show.

oh for sure... but have you seen some of those full Bonnaroo setlists? ;)

they were both fun + epic from the videos i've watched.

Nicole Atkins...pffffft. I wonder how Jim hooked up with that Mariah Carey wannabe. Now Will Johnson adding harmonies on "Golden", THAT was awesome!

Mariah Carey? :blink

have you heard her records or seen her solo before?

Mariah Carey? :blink

have you heard her records or seen her solo before?

Yes and yes. I do not care for her; she's on my Grace Potter list (aka List Of Hot Girl Musicians That Guys Keep Trying To Tell Me Are Really Talented and Awesome But I Just Don't See It So I Figure They're Just Confused By The Hotness). ;)

Thanks for the link, Wendy! I found a bunch of that confetti in my bed the next morning :P

ahh, wendy, thanks for that link!

GET YOUR BACK UP OFF THE WALL!

DANCE!

C'MON! :dancing

That song will always remind me of the drive from Nashville to Louisville and having the Roo bootleg on repeat :) So many good times with the Jacket this year!

And I still think Nicole Atkins sucks. Sorry. :yawn

i finally got around to posting a review of the sat. dec 27th show in "after the show."

was hoping to get the dec 28 review posted today, but have left my notes at home. alas. good for my job, bummer for me. :lol

and...i've posted a review of the dec 28th show in after the show...i wrote it while at work. i think i missed some of my favorite small bits. hmm.

My Morning Jacket - Live From Las Vegas Exclusively At The Palms

1. Tonight I Want To Celebrate With You

2. Dear Wife

3. Knot Comes Loose

4. From Nashville To Kentucky

5. They Ran

6. Thank You Too

Is itunes DRM-free yet? I have some itunes credit and want this ep, but i don't like itunes and don't use an ipod anymore.