• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bunch of screenings have been added. I'm hoping for more cities in the southeast.

http://ashesofamericanmovie.com/screenings.php

For NYC area people, one screening that doesn't appear to be on the list yet is apparently happening on April 13 at 7 p.m. at the IFC Center (323 6th Avenue, near W. 4th). It's being billed as Movie Night with Fred Armisen and will be followed by a "discussion of the film with Armisen and directors/producers Brendan Canty and Christoph Green," according to the e-mail I got.

You should be able to buy advance tickets here.

I love you bbop. With passion.

Glad to help, man. We should probably meet in person one of these days, if we haven't already. I'll buy you a Beard Papa or a slice something--both are right around the corner from the theater. :thumbup

Also not yet on that list is a screening in Athens, Ohio on April 16th at 7:30 PM at Arts/WEST community arts center. It's free, and the night before Wilco comes to Athens, so it's a great way to get hyped up for the show.

Loooooks quite nice, I'm getting pretty excited, for those of us that pre-ordered it we should be expecting them next week then right? I think I remember Musictoday saying that they'd be shipping around the 12th?

Loooooks quite nice, I'm getting pretty excited, for those of us that pre-ordered it we should be expecting them next week then right? I think I remember Musictoday saying that they'd be shipping around the 12th?

I think it said the 15th (they obviously won't ship on Easter) in time to get there by the 18th, which is Record Store Day.

Wow. Thanks for the link. I'm getting more and more excited that there is an artifact commemorating the current Wilco live show. Sooo excited for MKE.

I'm excited for proof that this band still performs live.

Kind of random but did anyone go to the Ashes of American Flags screening at the Boulder Theater tonight? I live like 5 minutes away from it but I unfortunately had other things going on... :ohwell

Yep, just got back from it actually, sorry you had to miss it. What a fantastic movie. Seemed like it was 5 minutes long. Kind of a subdued crowd at the Boulder theatre tonight but I get the sense everyone walked away happy. I took my 14 year old daughter and she seemed to really like it.

Welcome to the board by the way!

Saw the movie last night at the screening in Boulder.

VERY well done movie - extremely tight close ups and superior sound!

The close up on Nils' hands during AOAF to start the movie is truly a magic trick... his comment about wanting to put his body aside and levitate during a show helps put that shot into a new context for me.

One thing I have not seen anyone point out yet on this thread:

the final scene featuring Jeff and his dad (and band members signing tshirts and posters) was shot after the first night of the St Louis Pageant run last spring.

You guys are gonna love this! It's soon to be a standard on my DVD player and speakers!

asked this on another thread.. I'm too lazy to call all 10 or so philly stores to ask this... where in philly is the DVD being stocked for record store day???? Already asked in my loca Collingswood, NJ store and they aren't stocking it at all.

I went in Boulder last night. Wow. I can honestly say it exceeded my expectations. This has the makings of being up there, top ten concert films (but then again, I only think about a half a dozen are truly that good). The composition in some of the shots was gorgeous. The footage from outside of the concerts was also great. Something about the vibe of the sound-check performance of Wishful Thinking was awe inspiring. I'd put it up there with the rehearsal footage of Jesus etc. from IATTBYH.

All in all it reaffirmed why Wilco is one of my favorite acts. There is something life-affirming in their attitude towards music. It's hard to watch their best live performances without feeling some kind of humanist sentiment. Inspiring.

I went in Boulder last night. Wow. I can honestly say it exceeded my expectations. This has the makings of being up there, top ten concert films (but then again, I only think about a half a dozen are truly that good). The composition in some of the shots was gorgeous. The footage from outside of the concerts was also great. Something about the vibe of the sound-check performance of Wishful Thinking was awe inspiring. I'd put it up there with the rehearsal footage of Jesus etc. from IATTBYH.

All in all it reaffirmed why Wilco is one of my favorite acts. There is something life-affirming in their attitude towards music. It's hard to watch their best live performances without feeling some kind of humanist sentiment. Inspiring.

You put it very well. I know many will disagree but watching this film cemented in my mind the fact that this is the best line up Wilco has ever had. It was interesting that Jeff said that the band could probably handle a change, as long as it was not John.