Yankee Hotel Foxtrot 20th Anniversary Box Set Releases (09/30/2022)

9 minutes ago, Yaz Rock said:

. Also, Amazon is selling the 8-CD set for $68.95

This really surprises me. I’m no fan of Bezos (although I think our household has contributed at least a couple of valves in the booster rocket), but forty bucks and free shipping is tough to pass up. Mine arrives today. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today I thought I heard a guy driving down Main Street blaring "Kamera" and singing along maniacally as if it were 2002 and he was hearing such sonic gold for the very first time. Then I glanced in th

Yes, the only way to get the super deluxe download is to buy the physical product. Think of it is paying good money for the download and getting a bonus physical product. The book that comes with the

Since I'm not an audio engineer, I enjoyed reading this thread and learning some things from those of you who are more expert. Thank you!

Posted Images

Hey Everyone! Been a long time. It doesn't look like my vinyl set will get here until Monday. Cannot wait. Is anyone else missing songs from the Download version from the SendOwl link? I was missing IATTBYH from the remastered album, but haven't looked to see if there were any others that weren't downloaded.

Hear ya, I'd rather buy direct from the band (and I did), but just in case someone is still on the fence... I hope the book is really nice and I guess that in part justifies the $100+ price, but otherwise that does seem like a high price for an 8-CD set. I feel like I got some 4-CD sets not that long ago (Tom Petty, maybe, for basically $10 (or less) per disc, directly from the band's site).

Yes, I am also missing the first track IATTBYH from the SendOwl download. I haven't compared tracklists yet to see what else is missing, if anything.

Anyone else only get MP3s from SendOwl from their super deluxe vinyl order?

I probably missed the fact that they're only MP3s when I preordered ... guess I should have gone the Bandcamp route.

I will say this is the first vinyl preorder I can remember where it actually got to me on release day. I've been primed to expect 6 month delays so that was nice.

Haven't had a chance to go through it yet but looking forward to it later tonight.

I got the CD deluxe box - nice package and lengthy essay/oral history, but are there really no recording notes? i.e. no descriptions of when the alternate and in-progress versions were recorded? Is this info available elsewhere?

I was wondering the same thing.  I bought both the CD and LP boxes, but I haven't opened the LP box and probably won't get around to it for a while.  Is there any information in the LP box that's not in the CD box?  I really have no idea what I'm listening to on CDs 2, 3 and 4 other than bits I can sort of glean from the essays, but even that's not totally clear.

I'm pretty sure the package that holds the CDs is the exact same book that comes with the LPs. 

Tweedy talks in the interview in the liner notes about how badly JB wanted to rack up as many credits as possible by overdubbing endlessly. In the end the songs went through so many processes they were unable to accurately attribute every element to its creator with everything from Ken Coomer drums towards the beginning of the process, to Jim O'Rourke overdubs towards the end. For that reason it's always been credited to a list of names without specifics. "Wilco is/was..."

4 hours ago, sinko25 said:

I will say this is the first vinyl preorder I can remember where it actually got to me on release day. I've been primed to expect 6 month delays so that was nice.

I'm jealous. I think I saved $10 (at the time) by ordering through Nonesuch. Tracking says I'll have it Thursday. Kinda funny re-anticipating the arrival of this one given all the anticipation in 2000/2001. Remember downloading via Wilcoworld way back then...

On 10/3/2022 at 6:38 AM, ponch1028 said:

I purchased the super deluxe vinyl from Amazon - is there any way I can get a digital download of all the songs? Anyone know? 

I'm wondering the same thing, but for the Amazon super deluxe CD version.

Got my Deluxe Vinyl yesterday.  Read the book that came with it, learned a couple of new things, but nothing mind-blowing, pictures were fun.  Listened to it (sounds amazing BTW).  Though I do wish I would have paid for the Super Deluxe :(   

I received my Super Deluxe shipping notification today - "shipping label created , USPS awaiting item."  I noticed too an updated Send Owl download link. Can't download til I get home tonight - does it just include the missing IATTBYH track, or does it also include tags on all the tracks too?

Answering my own question, the new SendOwl link has tagging, but wildly inconsistent tagging. Each song appears to be titled, but some songs are labeled "Track X"; others are labeled "Track  Y/102". Some songs are labeled by disc number, some have no disc number. It does include 102 files which means it should be complete. There is no Cover Art.

Somebody on Reddit tagged everything and offered to share the properly tagged files if you could demonstrate proof of your purchase, but I do not have a Reddit account and I do not have access to their email address.

13 hours ago, tinnitus photography said:

has anyone who purchased LPs via Bandcamp received their order yet? According to the email i got when i purchased it, the box isn't scheduled to ship until Oct 15th... kinda shitty when people already have their copies!

I had a bad experience buying some cds from Bandcamp. It took forever. Conversely, I really like their download service.