Solid Sound - 2015 - June 26-28

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the show that was live streamed. I had just recently seen them in Richmond, VA, and my enthusiasm was at peak level. I was participating in a group chat while listening to the stream and I remember hearing Jeff talk about "Mass Mocha". I knew nothing other than that but I remember making a snap decision that whatever this was, I was doing it.

Hey hey.  I posted this in the ticket section as well, but I'd love to buy a campsite at Hoosac High.  They seem to be sold out. 

So....if anyone needs to unload one, I'm your man :)

Thanks y'all! I'm totally pumped for next month.

So I have been incredibly bummed lately facing the reality that I will not be able to go to SS '15. My brother and I had tickets and a hotel reservation and then one of my best childhood friends booked his wedding for June 27 and asked me to be a groomsman. Oh well. Anyway, I wanted to post that I just cancelled my reservation at the Berkshire Valley Inn, which is located in Williamstown not far from the trolley stops that take you right into Mass Moca. I have never stayed there, but it is probably more convenient than anything else available at this point. Wanted to post it here to give the great fans in this forum the first crack at it.

Also...my ticket is for sale at early bird pricing in the extras thread. Have extra fun for me all of you. Maybe I will request a Wilco song at the wedding at least...

So I have been incredibly bummed lately facing the reality that I will not be able to go to SS '15. My brother and I had tickets and a hotel reservation and then one of my best childhood friends booked his wedding for June 27 and asked me to be a groomsman. Oh well. Anyway, I wanted to post that I just cancelled my reservation at the Berkshire Valley Inn, which is located in Williamstown not far from the trolley stops that take you right into Mass Moca. I have never stayed there, but it is probably more convenient than anything else available at this point. Wanted to post it here to give the great fans in this forum the first crack at it.

Also...my ticket is for sale at early bird pricing in the extras thread. Have extra fun for me all of you. Maybe I will request a Wilco song at the wedding at least...

This really sucks-- horrible timing... but you are a good friend.

I feel for you, but your friend needs you. See you at SSF 5 though!

FYI I just cancelled my hotel reservation at The Orchards Hotel, if anyone is still looking for a nice spot to sleep in Williamstown. It's a 3 night reservation, checking in on Thursday. Go get it!

attn Boston area peeps, keep June 10th open:

Join Smuttynose Brewing Co. and Lagunitas Brewing Co on The Sinclair roof deck celebrating the return of Wilco's Solid Sound Festival for beer, tunes and tacos. Both breweries will be on hand with shirt and record giveaways, awesome beer, and many high fives. Sinclair will be cooking up an array of taco goodness for your dining pleasure. Smuttynose will be pouring Finestkind IPA and Vunderbar Pils. Lagunitas will have IPA and Lil' Sumpin Sumpin on hand. We'll be playing tunes from bands performing at this year's festival. Entry is free. Beer and tacos are pay-as-you-consume. Come hang.

attn Boston area peeps, keep June 10th open:

Join Smuttynose Brewing Co. and Lagunitas Brewing Co on The Sinclair roof deck celebrating the return of Wilco's Solid Sound Festival for beer, tunes and tacos. Both breweries will be on hand with shirt and record giveaways, awesome beer, and many high fives. Sinclair will be cooking up an array of taco goodness for your dining pleasure. Smuttynose will be pouring Finestkind IPA and Vunderbar Pils. Lagunitas will have IPA and Lil' Sumpin Sumpin on hand. We'll be playing tunes from bands performing at this year's festival. Entry is free. Beer and tacos are pay-as-you-consume. Come hang.

see ya there!

Solid Sound neophyte here! Thinking about throwing my road bike in the back of the car for puttering around with. Good idea, or no? Are there hitching posts on the Mass MoCA grounds that anybody can recall?

Solid Sound neophyte here! Thinking about throwing my road bike in the back of the car for puttering around with. Good idea, or no? Are there hitching posts on the Mass MoCA grounds that anybody can recall?

Here you go http://solidsoundfestival.com/frequently-asked-questions/

Doesn't sound like you can bring the bike into Mass Moca...

If you ordered your tickets through Front Gate, I just called them and they said they usually are mailed out about 2-3 weeks prior to an event. They said that if someone has not received their tickets one week prior to the event give them a call and they can arrange for the tickets to be held at will call. it would probably be a good idea to look up your original ticket order number.

The one thing that I would recommend and would also ask for advice on is late night eats. That one horse town sure done close down early, so bring snacks! I think a hotel's restaurant in Pittsfield (40 minutes away) closes at midnight and that's about it. I vaguely recall a pizza place over in Williamstown that might close late as well. http://www.colonialpizza.com/Contact_Us.html

I should clarify that it's tough coming down from a Wilco show and that's all that I got. 

Also, I'm late to the party on discussing Joe's Field. I'm too lazy to go and check if anyone mentioned that there were stands on both sides of the field. Maybe about 3 rows worth. It's getting close!!!!

Hmm, if I recall correctly, things were open rather late in North Adams . There's a few dive bars that I guarantee will be open. Try the Key West Lounge.

Also, no stands at joe's field. At least I don't remember any.