Wilco heard while you're out and about

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

Wait til you get a couple episodes further… 

Posted Images

This doesn't really belong in this thread but I thought it was pretty funny. My coworkers all know what a Wilco fan I am, and this morning one of them told me about a Law and Order SVU episode she saw over the weekend. It had something to do with a young boy who had been sexually abused as a child and now he was kind of a troubled loser, due to being haunted by his past. He was wearing a Wilco tee shirt! I wonder if the producers of the show were trying to make a statement. Also just wondering if anybody here watches that show, what tee shirt was he wearing?

I didn't see the episode either, but a cousin told me the kid wore two different Wilco shirts in different scenes.

With one degree of separation, I heard Uncle Tupelo's Long Cut on KXT this morning.

Sounded really bottom heavy and rocking.

... My coworkers all know what a Wilco fan I am, and this morning one of them told me about a Law and Order SVU episode she saw over the weekend. It had something to do with a young boy who had been sexually abused as a child and now he was kind of a troubled loser, due to being haunted by his past. He was wearing a Wilco tee shirt! I wonder if the producers of the show were trying to make a statement.

Well, Lord knows we have more than our fair share of trouble losers around here... :badger :badger

Must be the same guy I saw tending bar at the local Applebee's about six years ago.

Ok, not so much heard while out and about.  But while I was getting my haircut, I saw a guy that was the spitting image of Jeff circa Uncle Tupelo.

Send him my way, please. Thanks!

Wilco On Demand

I have Bright House for my cable company and they have a lot of stuff available On Demand for free as part of the package.

One of the networks that's available on demand is Palladia.

One of the choices listed under Paladia is labeled "Singles" which apparently features individual cuts of songs from concerts that the network presents.

One of the singles available in this category is Wilco's performance at the 2012 Beach Hangout Festival.

Unfortunately the song for Wilco's performance is listed as "Born Alive".

(sigh) Those poor guys never get any respect..

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I caught This Is 40 today.  We knew beforehand that "I Got You" (the new version recorded specifically for the film) is included in the ending credits, but were disappointed to discover that only the first 20+ seconds are heard before giving way to an outtake.

I had a nice synchronistic experience with "What A Light".

I'm a Mystic of the all-faiths variety- not religious at all, but deeply Spiritual. I recently had to move due to my landlords breaking an agreement we had that, after a 1 year lease was completed, that I would be able to rent there on a month by month basis, for as long as I needed, until I found a house to buy. It's a long, ugly sad story of the greed of rural slumlords...they were such terrible landlords that it's not the worst thing to have them in my rear view mirror, but it cost me money & made for a stressful housing search. The really sad irony is that I have a bid in on a house & am hoping to get it & move in there sooner than later...

I found a month by month rental that accepted animals (not an easy task, let alone on a very limited time table), but the place had been trashed by the last tenants. I was moving in as early as possible, so it was the middle of the month.

It had just been flea bombed (it was previously overrun with fleas as well) & cleaned up as best my new (& happily decent) landlord could. I was tuning in the radio in the morning to keep the animals company as I was going back for the moving of all the boxes etc.. I was happy to have found a place, but far from happy with where I was & what I found there, then...I hit the first station (far left of the dial, of course) that came in clearly & there it was...right at the start, the familiar 12-string strumming of the opening notes of "What Light" by Wilco!!!!!

Many folks have noted the presence of synchronicites in lives, but a real fave of mine, Terence McKenna, noted, in particular, that the universe tends to speak to you in the language of the things that you know & love- in a highly personal manner...and hearing this seemed like some great confirmation & reassurance, that, despite it all, that I was exactly where I was supposed to be, & more so that I should be grateful, & humble & enjoy this- so choose to be happy & here's a mice little song to get back on the right track. I took the time to listen to the whole song, deeply, gratefully & happily, all while enjoying showing love & reassurance to my dog & cats. It was the perfect song at the perfect moment from the artist(s) who has spoken the most deeply & most often to me in this time of my life.

Thanks Cosmos! Thanks Wilco! Thanks WRUR 88.5 in Rochester, N.Y..

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• 3 weeks later...