Wilco heard while you're out and about

My wife read a book called Blue Like Jazz, and reported to me that the author makes many Wilco references, and even included the band in the opening letter of thanks.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.avclub.com/new-oscars-teaser-confirms-the-bear-will-be-back-and-se-1850217739     New tag line for VC:  "music nerds of a certain vintage".      

It was a birthday surprise for the co-host Matt Spiegel (for those who don't know he is in a great cover band called Tributosaurus).

Wait til you get a couple episodes further… 

Posted Images

the Showtime show Shameless referenced Wilco a lot in their latest episode. It was funny, they kinda ripped the band. 

"Wilco, isn't that a band with a bunch of followers with receding hairlines."  Then Lipp runs a scam where he gets the word out to all the "northsiders" that Wilco is doing a secret club gig and he runs a valet parking scam.  It was a riot.

• 3 weeks later...

'Country Disappeared' at the end of recent episode of the weekly US public radio show 'This American Life'.   Sounded beautiful and poignant - at the end of a story about Dakota Indians being driven out of Minnesota in the 1860s.

I started looking for this and discovered it's an episode from 11/25/2012. Looks like you're as far behind on listening to your podcasts as I am, Plumplechook! Thanks for the notification, though--this was an episode I had inadvertently skipped over.

• 1 month later...

I fell asleep while watching a movie last night and woke up to "Mountain Bed." Not sure if it was just a coincidence, or if hearing the song woke me up. The film was 180 South, a documentary about some high adventure-types rock-climbing and surfing in Patagonia. The moment was sweetly serendipitous.

Way back in 2005/6, Someone Else's Song played during the early hours in the Inverness (Scottish Highlands) branch of Tesco. Must have been from a compilation as no other Wilco followed. The person who played the track was no doubt sacked the following day following complaints from the other insomniac shopper who was in there.

• 4 weeks later...

Someone's in the kitchen with Wilco....

The frying process has to occur in a few batches, since the biggest mistake you can make while frying is to overcrowd your ingredients in the oil. This means caponata demands a leisurely attitude, more “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart” than “Kamera.” It’s a weekend-afternoon project, not a weeknight one—and, appropriately, it’s the perfect thing to serve atop bruschetta at your next weekend cocktail party.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/06/06/eggplant_caponata_recipe_why_the_sicilian_spread_is_the_best_use_for_eggplant.html